Staff cuts stuff! (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
So like, yeah, this is pretty shit?

If you want to help out, there's going to be a referendum going on May 1st and May 2nd (i.e Tuesday and Wednesday) on the issue where you not only have the ability to have your say but if you're keen it's also a good time to help out. Given that some of the more vocal activists involved thus far in the campaign may not be focusing on this due to some other direct action stuff they're prioritising, it's important that anyone who can put their hand up to help, does.

As a grad law student, I'm personally going to be severely affected but departments like Vet Science and Chinese History are going to be utterly fucked. Friends of mine doing research degrees, due to losing their supervisors, are likely going to have to stop studying outright so it's really important for everyone at USyd.

So yeah, plz vote and help out if you can.

At Jane Foss Russel, Manning & Fisher, on Tuesday & Wednesday the 1st and 2nd of May, the SRC & SUPRA will be taking a ballot of staff & students on the staff cuts. Everyone is entitled to vote but you must bring along a current student or staff card. This vote gives you ...a chance to bring to management a pointed question, whose interests do they represent, if not the stated interests of staff & students?

Come cast a vote, it takes five minutes. But take a step beyond that, bring your friends, bring your class, bring your colleagues, tell everyone you know and jointly cast a vote for fair work and a fair education. Share this page, invite your friends and spread the word.

It's our education, it's our work, it matters to us. Now it's our turn to have a say.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
this is important so bumpity bump bump

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Definitely going to at least vote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)