Stack Pointer? (1 Viewer)

-X-

HSC
N/A
Do we need to know this? I know the basics of it but not in great detail so im wondering if i should study it? In the syllabus, all it says is "-use of registers and accumulators" and "use of program counter and fetch-execute cycle". Oh while im at it, do we have to know fetch execute cycle in great detail too?

Thanks

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by -X-
Do we need to know this? I know the basics of it but not in great detail so im wondering if i should study it? In the syllabus, all it says is "-use of registers and accumulators" and "use of program counter and fetch-execute cycle". Oh while im at it, do we have to know fetch execute cycle in great detail too?

Thanks
NOPE just the basic concept

like program counter is indication of what actual instruction is processed at the moment, which is then incremented once the next instruction is to be processed.

like as long as you know that for example it will be enough...

and also know what the operand is comprised of i.e. the Op code and memory address.

-X-

HSC
N/A
Re: Re: Stack Pointer?

Originally posted by Winston
NOPE just the basic concept
and also know what the operand is comprised of i.e. the Op code and memory address.
Do u mean the instruction byte? i.e. First few bits are the instruction (ie copy), next few bits represent were the value should be stored (ie accumulator) and the next byte might represent the memory address of the value.

thanks...

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
The only place I can see them asking a question on this stuff would be in multi-choice, as it doesnt really fit in with their 'scenario-based' questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)