St Leonards-City move (1 Viewer)

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
Is all of science moving? If not, who is? When does it happen? Also, will it be in that building behind market city? I probably have more questions, but I can't remember then because I've been up since early...

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
http://www.science.uts.edu.au/students/B4updates.html

As this website indicates, all of the Science faculty from the St Leonards campus is moving to the City Campus as of 2006. The Science building is Building 4, which is right next to the main tower building on the corner of Harris St and Broadway. It's still under construction and I think they'll be pretty pushed for time to get it ready for the start of Autumn semester. My guess is that it'll be like the opening of Building 10 where they will open part of the building and continue some contruction throughout the year and open the rooms as required.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
methinks they might not close down st leonards campus completely, as there are some biochem research labs there that are sponsored from some companies. Yet i wouldnt be suprised if it does happen/

one thing is for sure that normal labs/pracs will no longer happen there...

mr_snrub

HSC
bernz said:
Is all of science moving? If not, who is? When does it happen? Also, will it be in that building behind market city? I probably have more questions, but I can't remember then because I've been up since early...
Yes, the whole of Gore Hill campus is moving to Broadway. The move is scheduled to begin mid February, as this is when the new building is handed over from the construction company. There is absolutely no way that any more teaching can be done at the Gore Hill campus, as the Dunbar building is being handed back to the TAFE. Thus construction needs to be finished and the move completed before class starts back in March! As far as what thejosiekiller said about not closing down the whole campus. The biochem labs which I think you're referring to are no longer used. The only thing I'm not too sure of is nursing students, and whether they will still have classes there. I'm assuming that they'll still need to go to RNS for pracs. For all other students who'll be in the new building at Broadway - the teaching labs and facilities look great!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
mr_snrub said:
Yes, the whole of Gore Hill campus is moving to Broadway. The move is scheduled to begin mid February, as this is when the new building is handed over from the construction company. There is absolutely no way that any more teaching can be done at the Gore Hill campus, as the Dunbar building is being handed back to the TAFE. Thus construction needs to be finished and the move completed before class starts back in March! As far as what thejosiekiller said about not closing down the whole campus. The biochem labs which I think you're referring to are no longer used. The only thing I'm not too sure of is nursing students, and whether they will still have classes there. I'm assuming that they'll still need to go to RNS for pracs. For all other students who'll be in the new building at Broadway - the teaching labs and facilities look great!

aww but i wanted to use those labs :( bye hope !

oh well the new labs are cool, but theyre really new and white to the extent i feel sterile :p

mr_snrub

HSC
dark`secrets said:
whats this abt pracs? nursing students?
Well, as you nursing students do your prac at Royal North Shore hospital, I'm assuming that aspect of your course will stay the same. Don't quote me though, I don't know much about you nursing guys. I only see you about the place when I go for coffee at the hospital :)

Last edited:

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
oh well the new labs are cool, but theyre really new and white to the extent i feel sterile :p

Hang on, someone is trusting me with something that's new and white? Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
bernz said:
Hang on, someone is trusting me with something that's new and white? Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!:rofl:
well i have used some of the chem labs for the semester

but we were pretty good

all i have to say if you use the labs clean all the beaker and equipment you use for the next people who use them...otherwise they will not clean for you

do the right damn thing- my first semester i got pretty competitive with some random who i will never know who would leave the most unclean equipment ( and i returned the favour)

mr_snrub

HSC
thejosiekiller said:
well i have used some of the chem labs for the semester

but we were pretty good

all i have to say if you use the labs clean all the beaker and equipment you use for the next people who use them...otherwise they will not clean for you

do the right damn thing- my first semester i got pretty competitive with some random who i will never know who would leave the most unclean equipment ( and i returned the favour)
Two wrongs do make a right, Lisa.

mr_snrub

HSC
By the way, thejosiekiller, what course are you studying?
Also, what subjects did you do last year and what are you doing this year?
(if you don't miny me asking)

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
I do what josiekiller does... if people don't clean the stuff they use before/after you. Why bother?

Thing is, people are always in a rush to leave. You can clean them twice or whatever, they will still however never get it and leave it dirty.

So might as well give them a taste of their medicine. They want to leave early, they can spend time next prac washing up or screwing up their results.

mr_snrub

HSC
Panda Bear said:
I do what josiekiller does... if people don't clean the stuff they use before/after you. Why bother?

Thing is, people are always in a rush to leave. You can clean them twice or whatever, they will still however never get it and leave it dirty.

So might as well give them a taste of their medicine. They want to leave early, they can spend time next prac washing up or screwing up their results.
Just tell one of the lab staff and/or the lab manager. The student responsible for the mess will be burned at the stake. The thing is, if you also continue to leave your stuff dirty - the other student using your bench (and making the mess) could do the same and get you into trouble. Alternatively the lab staff could find it that way and blame you.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
mr_snrub said:
By the way, thejosiekiller, what course are you studying?
Also, what subjects did you do last year and what are you doing this year?
(if you don't miny me asking)
im Bsci (biochem)

i did - chem 1 & 2 A, med science 1 &2, cells/genetics/evolution, statistical design and analysis, biochemistry: structure and function, physical aspects of nautre

this yr im doing: general micro, metabolic biochem, physiological systems, anatomical path, analytical biochem, biochem: genes and disease, molecular biology, haematology 1 and immunology 1

panda- the worst is when theyve used something that is near impossible to clean :(

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I saw the Science building yesterday. They've taken down most of the boards from the outside and it's looking really nice. Usually UTS buildings look ugly on the outside and good on the inside, but this one seems a bit different. Though part of the building still seems a bit ugly though, but the glass parts are nice like Building 10. Can't wait to see the inside!

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
mr_snrub said:
Just tell one of the lab staff and/or the lab manager. The student responsible for the mess will be burned at the stake. The thing is, if you also continue to leave your stuff dirty - the other student using your bench (and making the mess) could do the same and get you into trouble. Alternatively the lab staff could find it that way and blame you.
O Rly? Honestly... nvm.. I'm not going to even bother replying to that.

@josiekiller: yeah.. that happens, I'm not too bothered. I always go to another cupboard to get new glassware... It's easy to be friend the staff ;) :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)