SRC House vs House Comp (1 Viewer)

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
Ayo people, my school is currently going to hold a house vs house competition, it consist of houses going against each other in various games and sports. I'm thinking os starting it small, then to make it big. My idea was that we're gonna maken a Chess Competition to start up the hype, and it will also give board games club in my school a bit of exposure.

The thing is that I am not sure on how I'm gonna get a crowd who wants to play chess, and make them sign up, and we also have limited amount of chess boards for the games, it's only a few weeks until school finishes for, like 3 weeks, so I thought I could get sumn ideas from you guys. And if you guys can, suggest some prizes for the winners, and other suggestions.

Thank youu

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Gift cards have typically been the prize for such competitions.

Maybe design some sort of flyer which you can go around and distribute to students in different classrooms? People who are interested will surely sign up.

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
Gift cards have typically been the prize for such competitions.

Maybe design some sort of flyer which you can go around and distribute to students in different classrooms? People who are interested will surely sign up.
Aight, should there be a different sorts of giftcards like one for $50, $25, $10, etc or should their just be 1 50$. The thing is, what is the limit of the people that can join, there are like 4 school houses, so what do you think the amount should be for representing their house.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Aight, should there be a different sorts of giftcards like one for $50, $25, $10, etc or should their just be 1 50$. The thing is, what is the limit of the people that can join, there are like 4 school houses, so what do you think the amount should be for representing their house.
I guess that depends on your budget. Maybe have the prizes be proportionate to the number of participants. If a lot of people sign up, maybe there should be more than one prize, something like a $50 gift card for the house that comes 1st, $25 gift card for the house that comes second and $10 for the house that comes third?

Nacseo

Newest Member
HSC
I guess that depends on your budget. Maybe have the prizes be proportionate to the number of participants. If a lot of people sign up, maybe there should be more than one prize, something like a $50 gift card for the house that comes 1st, $25 gift card for the house that comes second and $10 for the house that comes third?
My school did like buy a 1-3kg bag of biscuits for a winner of a guessing comp, so thats fine. But i want there to be like competition, if we make 1 single pirze, would there be more or less competition, but then again i feel sorry for the people that come 2nd and 3rd. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
My school did like buy a 1-3kg bag of biscuits for a winner of a guessing comp, so thats fine. But i want there to be like competition, if we make 1 single pirze, would there be more or less competition, but then again i feel sorry for the people that come 2nd and 3rd. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO
More prizes would attract more people in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)