Sports Star who think they are hot shit (1 Viewer)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Anyone else sick of our athletes whinging like bitches?

First there is Craig Gower. Apparently he wants to leave Penrith coz they sacked him of the captaincy. Considering his actions, he's lucky it was only that and a small $30000 fine. If he copped his punishment on the chin and declared that all he wants to do is win premierships for his club, Id have forgiven him for what he done. But instead he acts as if he did nothing wrong, and now is dirty with a club that he has brought into disrepute.

Then there is Jana Pittman and Tamsyn lewis. Seriously, grow up. Australian athletics is blown as it is, but the dynamics of the whole team can be seriously damaged because of the shit both of which are intent on speaking. The commonwealth games is the best chance m any track athletes have to make inroads on the Australian public, yet the bickering of two schoolgirls is taking that attention away from them.

Then there is the king of our sporting wankers, Lleyton Hewitt. Perhaps id be easier on him had he performed well at the Aussie Open, but it just looks as if he does not give a shit about playing tennis anymore. While the Poo takes the same line, at least he does not attempt to sell everything about himself to New Idea or whatever. All it seems Lleyton cares about is the dollars that roll in from photos of him with missus and bub. I stood up for him when many criticised his on court antics, when he was winning and seemingly had the desire to win, but now he looks supremely disinterested. The latest court case has tipped me over the edge.

Rant over. For now

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yeah hewitt ... you hear he played a round of golf over attending a fundraiser sydney cruise named in his honour, the fundraiser was for athletes going to the "special olympics"
he stated the reason for cancelling was because quote he had a "sore foot" ... what the fuck are you doing on a golf course then you asshole?
i cant stand the prick, thats just low ...

sarevok

HSC
RUB!X said:
yeah hewitt ... you hear he played a round of golf over attending a fundraiser sydney cruise named in his honour, the fundraiser was for athletes going to the "special olympics"
he stated the reason for cancelling was because quote he had a "sore foot" ... what the fuck are you doing on a golf course then you asshole?
i cant stand the prick, thats just low ...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/National...9379611978.html

Snubbing reports an insult, says Hewitt

Lleyton Hewitt says accusations that he snubbed a Special Olympics fundraiser feel like a knife in the back given his commitment to Australia.

He says he didn't know about the event, and couldn't have gone anyway because, had he not been sidelined by injury, he was due to be playing Davis Cup tennis in Switzerland.

Special Olympics Australia has unreservedly apologised to the tennis champ for a misunderstanding that fuelled reports in News Limited newspapers and on the Seven Network.

Hewitt said he and soap star wife Bec Cartwright, who both have a long association with Seven, were now unsure about their relationship with the network.

"You don't get to come home that often. I love coming back to Australia whenever I can," Hewitt told Macquarie Radio.

"That's why I live here. That's why I pay tax here. That's why I don't live in other countries ... more suitable for tennis players.

"It's disappointing that every time you come back it's like a knife going in your back."

The reports accused Hewitt of snubbing a Sydney Harbour cruise that was to raise money to help athletes compete at the Special Olympics World Games in China next year.

Hewitt said he did not know about the fundraiser.

He said his manager called the organisation just before the event, after learning that reports were emerging that he was supposed to attend.

However, Hewitt said that at such late notice he could not attend.

"I didn't know a thing about it, to tell you the truth," Hewitt said.

"It's funny though that (the reports) reckoned (Special Olympics Australia) organised it ages ago for me.

"But if I wasn't injured with my ankle, I'd be playing in Switzerland this weekend in the Davis Cup, and I wouldn't have been here anyway."

Hewitt said the decision by Seven in particular to air its report without checking with him, was the latest in a number of negative experiences with the network.

This one was "extremely disappointing", he said.

His wife, who is a former star of Seven's soapie Home and Away, was even more upset with the network's report, he said.

"Considering that she put seven and a half great years into Channel Seven, and being a spokesperson for their channel ...," Hewitt said.

"Obviously our whole family is pretty disappointed with what's happened."

Hewitt said Special Olympics Australia CEO Catriona Barry had told him she couldn't be more disappointed and embarrassed by the reports.

Ms Barry apologised in a statement for "a misunderstanding" within Special Olympics Australia around Hewitt's participation in the fundraiser.

"It's clear now that Lleyton's manager had advised it was highly unlikely he would be able to attend, and in fact never at any stage confirmed Lleyton would attend," the statement said.

"We sincerely regret our mistake and apologise unreservedly to Lleyton and his manager."

A Seven spokesman said the network had "no issues" with a story run on Today Tonight about Hewitt.

He said Hewitt had a deal with the network in Adelaide that was confined to the broadcaster's sports coverage and had been involved in an on-air promotion during the Australian Open, but this was broadcast only in Adelaide.

"It (the deal) doesn't extend to personal stories," the spokesman said.

"As far as we understand, Lleyton Hewitt and Bec Cartwright have an agreement with Publishing and Broadcasting Limited (PBL) for a number of stories."

© 2006 AAP

Jiga

Hewitt is fucked, Ive always known this. But his recent antics in relation to not wanting to pay $5000 for the cruise is so petty, da prick alone is a multi-millionaire not even considering his rich wife, $5000 is jack shit to them so ffs just pay it and get off my TV already! But no, they want to sue and get more money da greedy bastards

*Minka*

HSC
Jana Fucking Pittman.

As someone who is Croatian-Serbian-Australian, she makes me sorely tempted to CROSS OUT the Australia part. CAN'T STAND the whiny bitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)