Sport (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
http://www.uwsconnect.com.au/sport.html

SPORTING CLUBS

UWS has a well organised clubs program where students can represent the University in structured competitions, social games or participate in sport or leisure activities recreationally. Each club has its own committee and discounts and incentives are provided by uwsconnect to facilitate participation. Remember, ANY student from ANY campus is able to join ANY club!

Archery, Athletics, Basketball (M), Basketball (W), Bushwalking, Cricket, Fencing, Golf, Gridiron, Hockey, Judo, Karate, Kung Fu, Oztag, Rowing, Rugby (M), Rugby (W), Rugby (Wheelchair), Rugby League, Scuba, Soccer (M & W), Tae Kwon Do, Touch, Triathlon, Volleyball, X-Country.

For more information on our Sporting Clubs, call Louise Burns on 9772 6337 or email l.burns@uws.edu.au

UNIVERSITY GAMES

As a student, you can represent the University and enjoy the unique team spirit of inter-university competition whilst travelling around Australia to compete in high-level sporting competition in an extremely social atmosphere.

At the State or Regional level of competition (i.e. Eastern University Championships or Games) UWS competes as three separate teams - Macarthur (Bankstown & Campbelltown), Hawkesbury (Richmond & Nirimba), and Nepean (Parramatta & Penrith)

At the National level (i.e. Australian University Championships or Games) ALL campuses compete as a combined UWS.

Traditionally, UWS has excelled in these events, being consistently ranked in the top 15 Universities in Australia. UWS Sport & Leisure co-ordinates open trials on campus to give all UWS students the opportunity to be part of these great competitions. Everyone is encouraged to try out!

For more information, contact Louise Burns on 9772 6337 or email l.burns@uws.edu.au

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You don't have to be good at sport to sign up. I know some people who signed up for netball, who weren't the best, they just wanted to go to uni games.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
purplemonkey said:
Yeah i saw sum footage of it on the glass house....very physical!...
Would be interesting to watch!

There are quite a few sports I'm intersted in from that list. :)

klh

HSC
i think the Bankstown is the sporting campus...so like for TKD its down thre, which sorta stopped me going there since its too far away...

you could always open your own team, just get teh required players...id do it myself but the calibre and interest isnt there...well for my sport anyway...

klh

HSC
i know of a UWS person was on the water polo olympic team, but it doesnt seem so...according to that list.

L

LaraB

guys - remember too - you can choos eto start your own if thre aren't any that you wanna join on there:)

its a bit of organising and you need uni 'permission' and all that - but if you talk to UWSSA/UWSConnect, whoever is in charge of that stuff, i'm sure they'd be glad to help you get it all organised:)

all you need is people who wanna play, and if you're not wanting to be a, i guess, 'competitive team' you probably won't have much trouble finding enough people for a team

trumpetboy

HSC
I played Rugby league at a school boy stage would love to play for UWS if they have a team!

L

LaraB

trumpetboy said:
I played Rugby league at a school boy stage would love to play for UWS if they have a team!
if there isn't a team - start one:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)