Sport outside of school problem. Please help!! Conflicting with my school work :( (1 Viewer)

ScienceGuy99

HSC
I have been doing competitive rowing outside of school for over a year now and I enjoy it (not a great deal, but enough to do it). I row every Saturday and Sunday morning. This means I have to get to sleep the night before at about 10:00PM, get up at 5:00AM, get home at 9-10:00AM, and then I'm way too tired to do anything the rest of the day.

Being in Year 11, my studies and rowing are starting to conflict with one another. Sometimes I don't go to rowing purely because I have too much work to do and I know I won't be able to do it if I go rowing because I'll just be brain dead afterwards. I don't want rowing to affect my school work. We have regattas (races) and they go all weekend long. Granted it isn't common to have regatta's, but the point still stands.

What are some sporting (not soccer or football or any of those bloody sports with balls and a team of 15, I hate them) or just extra-curricular activities I can do that either don't conflict with my school work, or, require as much dedication as rowing does?

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Well you can organise your study time properly in the weekdays so you can have time to row in the weekends
Like do your work in lunch times, class (don't let the teacher see lol), on the way home or to school etc
On your way to rowing, look over your notes

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

baktiar77

HSC
Cycling, swimming heck even running are all great recreational activities and shouldn't take up more than an hour or two a week.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I have been doing competitive rowing outside of school for over a year now and I enjoy it (not a great deal, but enough to do it). I row every Saturday and Sunday morning. This means I have to get to sleep the night before at about 10:00PM, get up at 5:00AM, get home at 9-10:00AM, and then I'm way too tired to do anything the rest of the day.

Being in Year 11, my studies and rowing are starting to conflict with one another. Sometimes I don't go to rowing purely because I have too much work to do and I know I won't be able to do it if I go rowing because I'll just be brain dead afterwards. I don't want rowing to affect my school work. We have regattas (races) and they go all weekend long. Granted it isn't common to have regatta's, but the point still stands.

What are some sporting (not soccer or football or any of those bloody sports with balls and a team of 15, I hate them) or just extra-curricular activities I can do that either don't conflict with my school work, or, require as much dedication as rowing does?
Lift weights

bonus = get big/aesthetic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)