spoken text by peter skryznecki (1 Viewer)

Capulet

UNSW rulz!
he actually came to our school and did a lecture, and it was regarded as a spoken text :) anyway what i would like to bring to your attention is the irony of him changing his perspective.

if you have read the poem of his mother, kornelia, the 1st impression is the bitterness of him being the only child has on his mother.

but he told us otherwise, he said that the poem was written to show his importance to his mother, e.g. the imagery of the one eye means that if she looses her child, there is no more vision/light etc. the imagery of the "no inprints" shows that his mother is beyound all elemental sense, this is taken as a good view instead of the ghostly image.

the reason i said he changes in perspective of his is that well theres way too many evidence supporting otherwise. if your school has got a lecture off him, do you agree with me?

jessika

law chicky
HSC
he came to my school too, but I couldn't be bothered to go and listen to him, and besides I was doing changing self.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
can anyone help me with the understand of the poem Kornelia W?
i have no idea what his getting at... all i know its about his mother or something but im still lost...

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
the poem kornelia wo.. watever is written by the son n deals with da son's perpsective of his mother.
also wat r teacher told us dat the son has a negative attitude towards his mother co'z his mother blames him for just having 1 child!!!

i dunno if it is correct?:rolleyes:

Capulet

UNSW rulz!
the standard understanding is that peter's relationship with his mother is of a very bitter nature. he feels that his mother suffers unhappiness, pain etc because of coming to Australia as well as only having one child, and the scarficies she had to make for this one child. peter himself explained otherwise, infact opposite. saying that the child symbolising light (eye imagery) etc. and how positivly spiritual his mother is. but i dont buy that myself, i think he changed his own perspective.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by Capulet
the standard understanding is that peter's relationship with his mother is of a very bitter nature. he feels that his mother suffers unhappiness, pain etc because of coming to Australia as well as only having one child, and the scarficies she had to make for this one child. peter himself explained otherwise, infact opposite. saying that the child symbolising light (eye imagery) etc. and how positivly spiritual his mother is. but i dont buy that myself, i think he changed his own perspective.
The pain that Kornelia feels also stems from the lack of fulfilment that Peter gives her. Peter has matured in Australia gaining with that the characteristics and social mores important to the Australia psyche thus not being able to connect on both a physical and emotional level with each other.:)

mkomko

crossing the red sea

could u please explain this poem?
i actually understand about 70-80% of it but it's probably more interesting to read someone else's opinion of the poem
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)