Spesh Provisions (1 Viewer)

mathslover

HSC
For those who used SP, what was it for and what provisions did u get (if u dont mind sharing?)
did they work for u?
did they advantage/disadv u?
How did u feel about them?

P.S. this thread is not for trolls or ppl who feel ppl with SP are taking adv of thr system!

Ester123

HSC
individual supervision and rest breaks. They really worked for me as otherwise i don't think I would've been able to sit the exams.

2700wrms

HSC
I think if you have special provisions for HSC exams, whats the point of simply being alive? If you can't handle sitting in a room for a few hours, and need to be in isolation, then 10 times out of 10 and what better way to than to drain tax payers (aka me) payments as. as you will simply continue to utilise resources in my economy and become economic leaches (check urban dicitonary for the defeintion).

Not sure why you make a thread about this and wtf is a troll, Jesus Christ.
Senator McCain

mathslover

HSC
Ester123 said:
individual supervision and rest breaks. They really worked for me as otherwise i don't think I would've been able to sit the exams.
thats wat i got.
hardly found them an advantage :vcross:

nisseltaria

HSC
I got extra time to write. I needed it and have used some or all of it in each exam.
It didn't give me any advantage over other students but it did give me a fair chance to show my achievement in each course.

2700wrms: I'm not going to be a drain on the taxpayer in the future - I'm going to use a computer.

mathslover

HSC
yes i know of course its not to advantage people... my point was that it disadvantaged me more, as most of the time SP gives u a slight adv/makes u euql to others.
or at the most, SP is designed to give u an advantage to offest the disdvanatge u suffer cz of ur 'problem'.
if that makes sense...

mathslover

HSC
nisseltaria said:
I got extra time to write. I needed it and have used some or all of it in each exam.
It didn't give me any advantage over other students but it did give me a fair chance to show my achievement in each course.

2700wrms: I'm not going to be a drain on the taxpayer in the future - I'm going to use a computer.
ohh. i didnt know applying for extra time to write was an option? i applied for that, but i think they didnt approve it... either that or i applied for the wrong thing.
was it an actual options on the SPapplication form, or did u have to do something else?

HSC
I have type 1 diabetes. And so spesh provisions helped me as i was able to take breaks to eat. So I'm sorry if u think that its just taking money out of the tax payer but ur a tool. Some of us actually need sp. Get over yourself.

LAmey08

HSC
Just over a year ago I had major back surgery and as a result of it I can feel the metal components in my spine, making it really uncomfortable to sit a 3hr exam. So thats why I have them, I have individual supervision so that if/when I take my rest breaks I won't distract anyone else. Im also entitled to a padded chair and pillow.

No advantages or disadvantages really, but it ensures that I'm given a full opportunity to do my best.

Oh and yeah sorry to burst your bubble, I'm not being a drain, I don't receive funds now or plan to later.

woody15

HSC
2700wrms said:
I think if you have special provisions for HSC exams, whats the point of simply being alive? If you can't handle sitting in a room for a few hours, and need to be in isolation, then 10 times out of 10 and what better way to than to drain tax payers (aka me) payments as. as you will simply continue to utilise resources in my economy and become economic leaches (check urban dicitonary for the defeintion).

Not sure why you make a thread about this and wtf is a troll, Jesus Christ.
Senator McCain
Thanks mate, but some people actually do need special provisions and they are very successful in life.

People also aren't in isolation, if you simply just have extra time your with other people who have that same special provisions than you.

If you want to do more research before you post unreasonable questions then maybe it would be beneficial. Hope your enjoying 'being alive'!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)