Spending money on a 2 month trip to the US (1 Viewer)

zaqwerty

HSC
I need some advice, because I'm sick of guestimates.

I'm going over to the US in March for two months on two Contiki Tours. I owe the travel agent $10,000 for the tours and flights and blah blah which is covered, I just want to know what people think about spending money. My sister and I are seriously considering just not eating (within reason) whilst we are there because we are going to have hardly any money, we can't waste it on food!

So I'm just wondering what people think in regards to spending money. I'll probably have about $2000 spending money (or less!!). Am I dreaming thinking I can do it on that much?

zaqwerty

HSC
Oh and It kind of sucks that my $2000 will be practically cut in half with the exchange rate :burn:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Do you really think you'll have a good time if you're not eating good food (which I guess is hard to come by anyway in the US).

Fast food is cheap if you don't care about your weight.

I think the biggest thing you need not to do is shop for clothes! Seems to be that whenever girls go away on holidays they go shopping for clothes.

And if you absolutely must there are some really good more afordable places to shop in New York short of Park Avenue where you can get the Park Avenue look for a fraction of the cost...

Peartie

HSC
When i did a contiki (europe not america) but I had spending money of $70 a day AFTER the optional excursions.

And i blew my budget - there are things you'll want to do or want to buy as the trip comes and you will most likely blow the budget.

The best thing would be to just not buy things (as was said) like clothes or books and other items which you can get in Australia anyway!

but, in answer to your question, in my opinion you will be cutting it fine - 60 odd days on $2000 - thats only 30 odd a day!!! (which would mean NO going out, NO fancy meals etc and if you havent already put money aside for them NO optional excursions on the Contiki Tour)...... you can do it I guess but won't have anywhere near as much fun...especailly without really eating...

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
I need some advice, because I'm sick of guestimates.

I'm going over to the US in March for two months on two Contiki Tours. I owe the travel agent $10,000 for the tours and flights and blah blah which is covered, I just want to know what people think about spending money. My sister and I are seriously considering just not eating (within reason) whilst we are there because we are going to have hardly any money, we can't waste it on food!

So I'm just wondering what people think in regards to spending money. I'll probably have about $2000 spending money (or less!!). Am I dreaming thinking I can do it on that much?

What do you mean you owe the travel agent $10,000?

Peartie

HSC
she means she booked flights/insurance/contiki trips etc through a travel agent and therefore needs to give them 10,000 dollars for the cost of said things + commission....

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Are you over twenty one? In which case you will also have to factor alcy into the equation, cos surely contiki tours are huge piss ups. Friend of my sister woke up in a hotel corridor in hamburg after a night on the absinthe on one.

thats if you drink.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
she means she booked flights/insurance/contiki trips etc through a travel agent and therefore needs to give them 10,000 dollars for the cost of said things + commission....
I thought she did a travel loan with the agency, because I know that when you book a flight, they can't hold your seat forever until you pay everything to confirm your flights.

HSC
i think u are dreaming on 2K spending money n 2 months.

SAVE SAVE SAVE

Peartie

HSC
I know not the US but here is what i spent on a 3 day trip in Berlin (not including transport to the city)

Accommodation (4 bedroom dorm Youth Hostel) - 40 Euros
Transport ticket - 16 Euro
Food (L/D/B/L/D/B) - ~60EUR (incl. a "few" drinks)
Walking Tours - 20EUR
Museums - 30EUR

= approx 170 Euros for a 3 day trip which is ~340AUD (fuck i wish i hadnt calculated that)

sure I could have gone cheaper on a couple of things / not spent as much on alcohol and what not (only done one tour but both were very different and very good, incidently if you are ever in Berlin I highly reccomend them - they both went for between 5.5 and 6 hours and were really good)

realistically the cheapest I could have gotten away with in Berlin for three days was about 100AUD - America is a little bit cheaper but Id reccomend at least AUD100 per day to be honest

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Thank god I have relatives in Europe, if I went to France via as a traveller, I would be so broke, thankfully I had relatives there and stayed at their place for free. It's good to travel to places overseas where you have relatives at those countries overseas (unless you're a bogan and all your relatives are trapped in Queensland only)

boris

Banned
HSC
ahahahahaha i hope you die from starvation you stupid bitch

$2k would not last you 2 weeks you retard.

2 months lol who the fuck goes to america for 2 months are you retarded.

my mate just went to europe on a contiki tour and spent like 5 grand in 2 weeks

hahahahah fuck off

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
you will be fucked with only 2k you fool. You crazy L-plate backpackers and your contiki.

2 months lol who the fuck goes to america for 2 months are you retarded.
Are you suggesting 2 months is too long or too short? Either way your argument will be retarded.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Alot of rude replies. But 2k OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Its America, your going to have to shop in New York and who wouldn't want to taste the US's monster burgers and fast-food chains just for the heck of it. (Heart Attack Grill Diet Center)

2k only? Y bother travelling.....(for the mere fact its AMERICA, and everything is overpriced)

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
1K per week would be suffice

AU$2K is US$1400

thats $175 per week...$25 dollars a day.....WTF ....thats not enough for food let alone clothes

Last edited:

Pace_T

HSC
bahahahahaha

enjoy your holiday, loser!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)