Spending a few days in Korea (1 Viewer)

B35tY

HSC
I'm travelling to Japan next February with a bunch of school mates, and since i've not travelled a lot, i figured i'd take the opportunity to visit Korea as well, since they're fairly close.

Has anyone been to Korea? What should i see?

James747

HSC
I've been to Korea. Went there at the beginning of this year for 5 days. It was really fun! Shopping there is really good, and cheaper than Japan too!

Korea is also famous for their cuisine, but be sure u go to places which are more famous or recognised. Our tour group brought us to this really shxtty place that had the worse Korean food I have ever tried. Raw octopus would be something I'd really recommend. The tentacles stick on ur tongue as u chew on it.... quite an experience. =P

And if you're abit laid back, you should go try the spas. They're fantastic! We went to one which was outdoors. The outdoor temperature was like -2 degrees, and the water was 40. Really a unique feeling...

Hope this helped ;)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
James747 said:
I've been to Korea. Went there at the beginning of this year for 5 days. It was really fun! Shopping there is really good, and cheaper than Japan too!

Korea is also famous for their cuisine, but be sure u go to places which are more famous or recognised. Our tour group brought us to this really shxtty place that had the worse Korean food I have ever tried. Raw octopus would be something I'd really recommend. The tentacles stick on ur tongue as u chew on it.... quite an experience. =P

And if you're abit laid back, you should go try the spas. They're fantastic! We went to one which was outdoors. The outdoor temperature was like -2 degrees, and the water was 40. Really a unique feeling...

Hope this helped ;)
ZOMG i think we went on the same tour. As in not on the same one but we both chose the same tour company.

Was it the one which had pamphlets throughout incheon airport?

And where you could visit seoul tower (but didn't go in because admission fare for that wasn't incl. :()? And korean markets? And the korean centre square with a massive christmas tree that had a crucifix at the tip (koreans are very evangelical christian - i went during xmas)?

Korea has sour milk :eek:

James747

HSC
Bobness said:
ZOMG i think we went on the same tour. As in not on the same one but we both chose the same tour company.

Was it the one which had pamphlets throughout incheon airport?

And where you could visit seoul tower (but didn't go in because admission fare for that wasn't incl. :()? And korean markets? And the korean centre square with a massive christmas tree that had a crucifix at the tip (koreans are very evangelical christian - i went during xmas)?

Korea has sour milk :eek:
:uhoh: Uhh.... no, cuz ur tour sounds completely different from my one.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
Bobness said:
Korea has sour milk
so now you know not to get milk in hanguk.

after seeing all those korean movies i would so eat in one of those street stalls!!
the food looks amazing!
especially if you were going in winter and you'd have all those hot foods on sticks [dunno what it's called] and that really strong alcohol they take in shots.

i should cut down on my korean movie/drama consumption.

GorJESS01

HSC
I'm adopted from Korea and went back a few years ago to visit... it was a really really nice place and I suggest you go to ALL the shops and markets. lol They're really awesome and sometimes, if you're lucky you find things in the streets... I found a bracelet which, when I returned to the city priced it to be $50AUS. WHAT A STEAL!!

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
B35tY said:
I'm travelling to Japan next February with a bunch of school mates, and since i've not travelled a lot, i figured i'd take the opportunity to visit Korea as well, since they're fairly close.

Has anyone been to Korea? What should i see?
Don't drink the tap water.

Lotte World is Closed now (when I was there, maybe they've fixed it by now?), so I guess you'd have to go to Neverland outside the City if you want to go to an amusement park. Which is OK cause Neverland was always better anyway.

Go to COEX, Cheonggyecheon, besides which there isn't much to see in Seoul anyway..

Don't trust the bus tour guides so much when it comes to shopping, they will most likely drop you off at expensive places where they get some of the business cut for bringing ignorant tourist their way.

For some reason, I liked the grape juice that they serve in the vending machines in the Seoul subway system.

In the Daytime people tend to be more uglier, all the hot people start coming out at around 8pm and 'roam the city' til 4. This has probably changed though because the Universities are back on and they've probably gone back to normal sleeping patterns.

Korean pop music will play incessently in bowling alleys, red-light districts, bars and nightclubs

The best nightclubs in Seoul don't let in foreigners, so surround yourselves with Koreans or something if you aren't one yourself and try to sneak in.

I'm not 100% sure if the winter slopes in the Pyeongchang area are open now that it's not winter anymore.

Any Korean Museum and/or Historical Learning site will be filled with anti-Japanese propoganda.

Have a great time! Trust me, you will if you know what you're doing and willing to have some fun.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't go to those spas.. damn.. I really should have... :(

Last edited:

Evergreen

HSC
soz for bumping this old thread ........

Last edited:

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Seem like a much more social bunch than we are. Looks like a good place to visit. :D

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
When I was in China lots of people went out to eat instead of cooking at home too.

cmk

HSC
harro

u should go to myungdong which is like the george street of seoul. lots of ppl and shopping places. its alive 24/7 and theres really alot to do.
eating hotspots are always filled and u have to que.
the streets are smaller compared to here but its really modern and more vibrant i guess.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)