Speech Day/Night prizes for topping a course (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
man sif we dont get enough of books throughout yr 11 and 12, why the hell would anyone want more book vouchers lol.. :p they should of gave us book vouchers for HSC Study guides at the beginning of yr 12 not at the end

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi

Are you all from private schools?
um...no

Originally posted by ...
darling, dux of SBHS, what do u expect...
um...as i said, speech night for me is feb 24. won't know till then :p and anyway, u guys actually rmb all that stuff said about me?

Originally posted by Young'un
We get book vouchers

$10 Year 7/8
$15 Year 9/10
$20 Year 11/12

I got Dux of Year 10 last year, which is $30, I expect I'll get Dux of Year 11 this Year ($100, I believe).
hmmm...at my school, in 7,8,9 u get certificates for topping subjects, and vouchers for 1st, 2nd, 3rd dux, like 40 for yr7 dux, then 50 for yr8, and so on...
in 10,11,12, u get 60 for each top, and dux gets 90 in yr10, 100 in yr11, i dunno bout yr12 though...i think dux of school gets a plate or something too

Originally posted by Young'un

Dux of Year 12 is worth about $7500 or so, I believe.
wtf? thats fcuken crazy!

tash

lalalala
HSC
for topping academic subjects we get a book and then there's other random prizes- can't remember what they get for that but i'm getting the creative arts prize which is just them giving the trophy back to me i got from our art exhibition and i get to keep it for the next year and thne give it back. i think vouchers are cool, at least you can then pick your own book or whatever

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by RJ
I was just wondering what different schools give you for coming first in an HSC course at the end of the year. I've just discovered that we get a photocopied certificate, which I reckon is pretty stingy. I realize that there will be lots of different awards, so it can get pricey, but I think that if it is just a dodgy piece of paper, rather than allowing people to get exicted, they should give nothing at all. What do you guys think?

i got nothing, i topped 4u and 3u maths in school

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I just got my letter in the mail today to confirm that I got dux!!!! Yay!!!!! A year ago I wouldn't have thought I was even in with a chance!!!!

Young'un

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I just got my letter in the mail today to confirm that I got dux!!!!
People at our school don't know, because it goes on UAI.

The scholarship officially doesn't, but it actually does (except in special circumstances, like when the Italian exchange student topped the year. He got the medal but not the scholarship. He probably would have got a Premier's {or minister's, whatever it is for getting 10 units over 90} if he had done adv english).

For the record, I come from a rural, comprehensive public high school. We have a supportive local community who sponsor all of the prizes.

HSC :(

whoa..
i guess we hav it pretty good

for every subject u get ova 90, u get 500 bux

:D :D

chris42

HSC
Originally posted by RJ
I was just wondering what different schools give you for coming first in an HSC course at the end of the year. I've just discovered that we get a photocopied certificate, which I reckon is pretty stingy. I realize that there will be lots of different awards, so it can get pricey, but I think that if it is just a dodgy piece of paper, rather than allowing people to get exicted, they should give nothing at all. What do you guys think?
Yeah, we got quite a few certificate awards, but we also get some medallions and proper wooden awards which was pretty cool.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by HSC :(
for every subject u get ova 90, u get 500 bux

:D :D
holy crap!

at our school it's mostly books and some trophies

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
we got book prizes, but they were worth a fair bit, they were hard covers, pretty chunky, and relevant to the topic, like for physics I got a book on Newton. But that was only for year 12, every other year just got certificates. I dunno what dux got, maybe $100. Dunno, but the runner up duxes (me) just got a certificate. The we had a madal for all rounder, money for most imporved, best christian etc, and a trophy and medal for the top sports person.
It was pretty cool, i didnt complain.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
every year since i scored dux in year 9 i got a money voucher for angus roberstons hurstville

i used them every year to buy study guides to get dux, again:p
hey, that's wot i did :D
cept i was never always dux, and we received dymocks vouchers

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
pigs... i still rmb those yr 9 days... wen u scabbed 0.05 2 beat me in commerce...

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
yeah, but in yr9 i didn't get any money for that, just some crappy certificate :D

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
hei merc, do you know neone from ur school who got a call for 1st in state or 100uai?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)