Specific THemes - KL (1 Viewer)

ladyzee

but didnt they specify themes in the 2001 paper??? about chaos and order??? aren't chaos and order themes? :S

superbird

HSC
You need to know how different productions incorporate different themes. For instance, an Aristotelian reading would emphasise the disintegration from order to chaos etc

You should know them as from what I've gathered the question can be either one of two things:
1. Character specific, or
2. Theme specific.

Some themes include:
1. Madness and Insight
2. Good vs Evil
3. Nature
4. Blindness
5. Patriarchal Order

nicksta_40

HSC
ok, and do we have to know specific scenes? Like could we be asked to choose how certain scenes were presented in diff. productions?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
know hte entire play, refer to hte whole play, evaluate whether the interpretation maintains textual integrity and the vailidity of that interpretation (after considering specfic evidence from the entire play)...(info from advice line)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
Zee said:
but didnt they specify themes in the 2001 paper??? about chaos and order??? aren't chaos and order themes? :S
the question about chaos and order was the last question before the new syllabus was introduced. they now have different ways of modulating results between the different prescribed texts that means that questions on specific themes cannot be asked. it has to be a question that applies to all the prescribed texts - so it can't be anything on shakespearian themes. i guess it is possible that a theme could be univseral throughout the prescribed texts - but the head marker i asked said that, whilst possible, it was extremely unlikely that a question like that would be asked under the new syllabus.

scorpiochic

HSC
Yay!

silvermoon said:
the question about chaos and order was the last question before the new syllabus was introduced. they now have different ways of modulating results between the different prescribed texts that means that questions on specific themes cannot be asked. it has to be a question that applies to all the prescribed texts - so it can't be anything on shakespearian themes. i guess it is possible that a theme could be univseral throughout the prescribed texts - but the head marker i asked said that, whilst possible, it was extremely unlikely that a question like that would be asked under the new syllabus.
Yay! I could never integrate my themes like power into my productions even tho my teacher seemed to think so .... go figure

zan

lear schmear

does that mean that we can't be asked anything on particular themes or characters but rather it has to be something more generic like "every text has a use-by date"??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)