Special Consideration (2 Viewers)

D

d00d

oh crap... i got a reply. and i got rejected, even tho i had "severe" illnesses. they said there were too many ppl applying, which let them to think ppl weren't really sick, but just didn't study enough for the exam.

otherside

wow..i wouldve thought that if it was 'severe', then maria would let u sit supp.. what was the nature of ur illness?

Shawny

d00d is full of shit

why?

read email from maria firstly

Dear Student

We have received your application for special consideration for the final
exam held last 15 November 2005.

We are still in the process of evaluating your application. If you are
granted a supplementary exam you will receive an e-mail notification before
5 December 2005.

If you do not receive an e-mail by 5 December 2005 this will mean that you
were not granted a supplementary exam and that you must wait for the
release of your final mark in this course.

Please do not send us an e-mail or contact us by phone regarding the status
of your application, as we will not be able to provide you further
information until we have completed the marking of the final exam and
tabulated all your assessments.

Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Dr Maria CA Balatbat PhD CPA
Lecturer
School of Accounting
University of New South Wales
Sydney NSW 2052
Australia
Phone: + 61 2 9385 5808
Fax: +61 2 9385 5925
Email: m.balatbat@unsw.edu.au

ok
now lets look at the area which says "If you do not receive an e-mail by 5 December 2005 this will mean that you
were not granted a supplementary exam and that you must wait for the
release of your final mark in this course."

note- if u do not receive an email
tat means or at least implies tat if u get rejected, u wont be informed

and its simply logical that those who are accepted are informed at the same time as those who are rejected(assuming those who are rejected are informed at all- which doesn't seem to be the case).

- its called open and fair disclosure

sleepycat

Maria has started sending emails about the supplementary exams today at around 11am...

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
omg, didnt know she was a CA and CPA ...far out, some ppl do love accting :rolleyes:

sleepycat

not an exciting news uh??

Anyway.... im still confused about the final mark issue... So whats right??

1. max mark is a PC
2. u get what u achieve in the sup

Could someone clear this up for me plz???

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
aishiteiru said:
not an exciting news uh??

Anyway.... im still confused about the final mark issue... So whats right??

1. max mark is a PC
2. u get what u achieve in the sup

Could someone clear this up for me plz???
Depend on your individual situation!

Shawny

redsalert can i ask u a question?
u ever even gone through a complete process of supplementary exam from a FCE school, from application to outcome?

and tats no swipe at u or intended to sound disrespectful

ashiteru
on the 8th wen results come out via email
u'll hae result pending when it comes to acct 2b

based on my experience(unfortunate experience), your finals mark that u achieved in the exam period finals is declared null and void. In its place, the supplementary exam takes the entire weighting of the finals exam ie. 60% in this case.

this is the case applied to all who sit the supp, not based on independent consideration

and i can also confirm other faculties such as engineering and computer science offer supplementary exams to students who fail according to guidelines on a voluntary basis. In that they can sit the supp if they fail or they can choose not to, no applicaiotn needed. maths school also does it.

- in some faculties i can confirm the computer science faculty, no matter what u get in the finals, if u pass the course u'll receive a maximum mark of 50.

- this however is NOT the case for the FCE and particularly not so for the school of accounting.

sleepycat

Shawny said:

based on my experience(unfortunate experience), your finals mark that u achieved in the exam period finals is declared null and void. In its place, the supplementary exam takes the entire weighting of the finals exam ie. 60% in this case.
Thanks...

Also, is the SUPP gonna be twice as hard as the final?? **a bit freaked out atm **

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Shawny said:
u ever even gone through a complete process of supplementary exam from a FCE school, from application to outcome?

and tats no swipe at u or intended to sound disrespectful
Yes I have, in the previous session. For BOTH faculty of commerce/economics and computer science. So Yes I do know what I'm talking about.

aishiteiru said:
Also, is the SUPP gonna be twice as hard as the final?? **a bit freaked out atm **
The Supp should be the same difficulty as the Final exam. In many cases it will have the same format, but it is dependent on the choice of the lecturer. For some courses the Supp maybe replace with an oral exam, but this should not be the case for ACCT.
Many of the questions you have asked, the answers are clearly displayed on the faculty website.

Last edited:

Shawny

i think ashiteru is getting a bit carried away with it all

look at ur email, it says its the same format as declared in week 14 lecture slides.

2b finals was hard enough i dont see how they could make it that much harder if any harder at all.

relax ashiteru
9 days
week 7 and 13 is easy shit
week 6 bit harder
week 8, 9 and 10 extremely hard
week 11 is more or less remembering the journal entries for equity method
week 12 is hard

main thing from what my convo to dianne a while back is that she emphaised that we study the tut questions more than past papers coz last yr's course was taught differently, not to mention diff content. Dianne also specified that she took the same format as some tut questions she set and dianne sets the minority interest question, so yeah thats a good indication.

Shawny

1- tats highly confidential, they'd never release it

2- why does it matter how many ppl do the supp? if u got the supp be happy coz this is a 2nd chance at life, if u didn't get it in all probability u passed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)