• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Spastic Reports... (1 Viewer)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
our teachers told us apparently it is against bos regulations to put your cumulative mark or rank on your report.
So our final yr 12 reports have our trial marks and trial ranks, which is a load of bs.
Subjects i was ranked 1 by heaps in i didn;t care for the trial and am still ranked 1 now but ranked about 10th in the trial, so my report will say i came 10th in that subject.

Are all the schools giving out spasticated misleading reports, or is it just my retarded school.
Cause u gotta hand in final report for scholarship applications etc and they are just misleading pieces of *$&@

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
we had:
exam mark, exam rank and assesment rank.

J

jhakka

I'm not even sure I get another report.

But I'm pretty sure our reports gave us an overall result and rank.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
our school said exactly the same thing as yours gordo. Except they won't even give us our ranks for the trials.. we only find out our ranks after all the hsc exams have finished and then have 2 days to make a complaint if we think there has been a calculation error. it's really dodgy... they keep saying they can't give it to us because of Board of Studies rules, but if that is the case then why does almost every other school in the state have their ranks???

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
redruM said:
we had:
exam mark, exam rank and assesment rank.
Thats the same as ours. We get them on Monday

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
im think the school is not allowed to give you your raw mark (total of all ass. tasks). which is very silly becuase you can quick easily add them up yourself...

but they are allowed to give you your rank as a total of all ass. taks. so on our report it has our exam mark and yearly ranking.

we have some good teachers that are in the know on this sorta stuff but wouldnt break the rules. so im thinking thats how it is meant to work!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah you can't get your overall mark or rank, bs but that's what they do

and if they give you your overall mark or rank they can get into trouble

ar5ena1

HSC
You can easily calculate you're raw mark, however the school isn't allowed to give out the scaled final mark they send into the BOS, BOS policy.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
iambored said:
...if they give you your overall mark or rank they can get into trouble
im sure they can give you the overall rank. cause it cannot be adjusted by anyone or thing. whereas a mark is adjusted and scaled.

we have senior HSC markers and board of studies teachers in our school. im sure they know what the procedure is and would not risk their positions over something as trivial like that!!

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
gordo said:
our teachers told us apparently it is against bos regulations to put your cumulative mark or rank on your report.
correct
they want you to find out at results on the Board of studies students website
my school told us that they can't give out ranks anymore
and that my year (last year) was going to be the last year to see ranks and final marks in the final report

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
Our school is the same...apparently its against the bos rules to give out ranks, the only rank you'll know if if you come first in a topic coz at Farewell Graduation (24 sept) they give prizes for people who ranked 1st in a subject

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
we dont get reports in year 11 and 12 .. it sux .. unless you count the 1 aq piece of paper we got after term 1 that listed our subjects and had some ticks of our skills level ( but no marks, ranks anthing)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
wish we didnt get reports, they're a load of crap, well actually they're made of paper n ink, but yeh.....they're painful, getting mailed out, its a rush home to try n burn them n then bury the ashes b4 the folks get home...

jus makes ya wanna cry...well maybe not that bad, but they're still spastic reports all the same...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hmm it seems like our reports are quite comprehensive cmpared to a few here....

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
one of my teachers said that our trial mark will appear on our reports and i guess the trial rank too which doesnt bother me much

wildtiger

HSC
we got our marks and rank for english today
*shrug*
i dont think its that big a deal... but its lucky that they let us check whether it was right or not. for extension english they put my trial mark as 10/25 when it should've been 17/25
:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)