spanish 2004 (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,

Haven't visited for a while!! My half yearly for Spanish is next Wednesday!! We only have to do reading/responding and writing cos listening and speaking is a bit hard when the exams are in the hall (it would be interesting though!!) We do have to speak and listen as part of our half yearly assessment, and it's worth.... 35% !!!!!

Practised convo the other day w/ teacher and could understand q's, just took a while to formulate answer!!!

Hey, the speaking exam is on the 28th August for Continuers!! I guess I'll be seeing some of you there!! That gives me just under 6 months to perfect conversation!! AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Anyways, later!!

mishka

HSC
N/A
Hey, where is everyone?? Probably getting over the 1/2 yearlies I'm guessing!! Has anyone heard where the speaking exam will be held??

mishka

HSC
N/A
i wonder how many people will be there??!! Less than 300 I'm guessing!!

mishka

HSC
N/A
That will make 2 of us then!!!!

Nescient

HSC
N/A
:( the dates are out for the HSC speaking exams :( its like late august early sept... i cant member right now.... 25 weeks till our hsc :/

mishka

HSC
N/A
Spanish Continuers Listening, Reading and Writing is on Tuesday 19th October from 2-5pm.

mishka

HSC
N/A
U do 3u Spanish, don't u?? What makes u think ur gonna fail Cont??!!

Nescient

HSC
N/A
hahahah cos i do better in extension that i do in 2unit :p i really stuffed up my last cont.'s assessments but i did well in my extension ones :p thats wat makes me think im gonna fail! we have assessments next week :( i dont like it

mishka

HSC
N/A
I think I will do ok, I'm only 6 marks behind my friend, who's Peruvian, so i guess that's a plus!! My speaking isn't that crash hot though!! Are you a native speaker?? Cos my friend, who also does extension, finds Continuers pretty easy.

Good luck for your assessments!! My Spanish one isn't till week 7.

Nescient

HSC
N/A
yeh... my background is south american... uruguayan actually... lived there till i was 9... but i've lost heaps of it... yeh i find continuers pretty easy just im one of those ppl that neva applies them selves... and i can never be bothered.... bleh...

mishka

HSC
N/A
Cool, Uruguay!! Have you been back there since? Our Spanish class was going to go to Chile for 3 weeks in the April hols, but we didn't have enough time to fundraise, and besides, our 1/2 yearlies were on. The year 10/11 class are going in September hols, so counts us out - HSC would be too close!!!
P.S: How did your assessment go??

Nescient

HSC
N/A
Nah i havent been back... i dunno if i want to with how everything is at the moment...
umm i went into the assessment thinking i was gonna fail it hard... i usually do but then freak out in the last 5 minutes... but i was totally calm and i think i did heaps better than i did in my last ones... i think i aced the reading *fingers crossed* but dah... hopefully i did well... i need the marks... you?

mishka

HSC
N/A
Yeah I'm not going too bad!! I find writing and reading/responding the easiest, simply because I don't get much practice on speaking and listening!! I usually pull through, though, I try my best!! I'm so glad I chose Spanish, I have a really nice teacher and my "class" - there's now only 4 of us - is fun.
I'm just not looking forward to the speaking - but at least that will be out of our minds by the HSC!!!!

mishka

HSC
N/A
Nope, not a native bone in my body!!!
I'd hate to be doing Beginners - too much pressure - imagine having to pick up a language you haven't done since yr 8!! I've done Spanish since yr 8 (obviously, since I'm not a native speaker!) and a lot of the topics relate to the vocab I learnt back then. I find I don't have to study TOO much, just vocab and maybe structures of texts and things (eg. the layout of a letter or email).
I have my trusty Peruvian friend to help me when I get stuck (!) and she helps me by trying to talk to me in Spanish as much as she can.
I like the fact that the syllabus focuses on your Personal World, cos it's much easier to talk about yourself!!!

Nescient

HSC
N/A
bleh... i've done italian since year 8... but since its so similar it wasnt like picking up a new language... it was like starting from half way.. hopefully i end up studying german or greek... they both sound so diff and im so intrigued :p should be a good challenge

bleh i havent even looked at the syllabus for spanish or italian... yeh its easy in the sense u just talk about ur self and its a convo but 3 unit is annoying... ah well...

mishka

HSC
N/A
I'd love to learn more languages, but it's taken me this long to just reach out to Spanish, so I dunno.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)