Sp2.. Xp... (1 Viewer)

Spyrax

HSC
N/A
So I have formatted. I d/l SP2, and I was wondering if I need to get anything else before installing SP2. After formatting, should I install it straight away? TY

fatmuscle

HSC
don't need to do anyhting b4 installation, just gotta patch up the other MS stuff after installation.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
fatmuscle said:
don't need to do anyhting b4 installation, just gotta patch up the other MS stuff after installation.
Trust advice to from fatmuscle will actually have a degree in Information Technology field in the not to distant future. But I concur he is correct best to install SP2 straight after your reformat then use windows update for any updates that have occurred since.

Spyrax

HSC
N/A
thanks, anyhow i installed it. For the firewall, should i use the windows inbuilt one OR The Norton antivirus worm firewall thing? Which one is better, or are they both the same? thanks

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well the windows one is ok but I don't recommend using that alone especially if you don't have any anti-virus installed. I would recommend installing the anti-virus software of some sort along with adware, spyware scanners etc.

Spyrax

HSC
N/A
well, so far I have NAV 2005, and it has some firewall in it. + Windows firewall. Now what would you install out of them, the NAV 2005 that has a included firewall or the windows one with Norton antivirus 2005 on the computer?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Although I dont use Norton AV (Trend Micro Internet Security 2005 - which handles both my AV and firewall) I would use that for both AV and firewall as Nortons does have pretty good protection, but can take a lot of system resources.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Be sure to turn off the other firewall software.

Having multiple firewalls running at the same time can give away loopholes in your ports, especially if it's windows firewall because it's utterly the most basic and crappy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)