South Africa 1960- 1994 (1 Viewer)

HSC
I have an assessment regarding my national study of South Africa

we have to assess the impact of the PAC (pan african congress) on the anti-apartheid movement in SA.

has anyone done this topic as thier national study? and is able to give any advice on anything that could be useful?

esson

HSC
hey ya going honeyissweet25? well im part of the 1% (or something) of the students doing South Africa and share your burden of a lack of information, hope its useful straight from the top of my head-
Well,
the PAC were responsible for the Sharpeville protests which sparked the Sharpeville massacre. They pretested against the pass laws they were constantly required to carry with them 24/7
During the peaceful protest, the police opened fire on the crowd of unarmed demonstrators and killed 69 wounding 180 others. Most shot were women and children and 70% of victims were shot in the back (i.e. on retreat as they were pissing off)
The sharpeville massacre was televised around the world sparking outrage overseas and in SA istelf
The gov as a result enters a state of emergency and bans all anti apartheid organizations (claiming they were communist orgs)
hence the ANC abd PAC were forced into exile.
Vorwoerd also introduces the second phase of apartheid and gov capture Mandela and the heads of the ANC
and Sobukwe of the PAC
Both the PAC and ANC changed to militant tacts, ANC adopted "Umkhonto we Sizwe" (spear of the nation) or "MK"
PAC adopted "Poqo"
Poqo terrorist stance was more radical than the ANC's killing white civilians and gov authorities.
When Sobukwe died in 1978, the PAC no longer had a leader and died out.
The PAC was no longer a dominant org as it once had been.
The PAC did not have a major influence (i reckon) in stopping apartheid, the major impact they had was by raising international awareness to the international community
have fun!!!!

jamessaad

HSC
The national study South Africa isnt even in the modern history excel book. Theres a big lack of information wherever you try to find information.

jodie17

HSC
i pretty much have the same problem im also part of that 1% doing south africa, im meant to write a report on steve biko and there is literally no information
good luck :)

HSC
yep the only testbook has to be imported from the UK.... :(.... well almost done now:)

Daniel-John

HSC
Yeah. The only text book on it is call South Africa: 1948 - 2000, The Rise and Fall of Apartheid.

It's a very good textbook. We have used it at our school. But alas, it must be imported!:angry:

Well worth it though. Covers everything!

renny 123

HSC
Daniel-John said:
Yeah. The only text book on it is call South Africa: 1948 - 2000, The Rise and Fall of Apartheid.

It's a very good textbook. We have used it at our school. But alas, it must be imported!:angry:

Well worth it though. Covers everything!
Im looking at getting that book.. we are starting south africa in a couple of weeks, im worried now that everyone is mentioning that there is no resources.
I looked it up. Is the book blue, with white writing, and a big circle with a photograph of Nelson Mandela on it (i think)? I dont want to order the wrong one? thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)