sources (1 Viewer)

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
For my modern assessment next term we have to find and analyse two sources (one primary, one secondary) from a Cold War crisis. I'm doing the Korean war, and I can't find any sources anywhere!! I've been to heaps of libraries, but have only managed to find a half decent secondary source. Does anyone have any idea where I could find some good sources?

Aerials

your member for ulladulla
HSC
Go to newspaper sites and go through their archives... do you live in a major city? Go to the city library there. They're bound to have something. Concentrate on personalities ie. find a person heavily involved in the subject and find books that they may have written. For the secondary, you can't go past subjective analysis by historians like Alan Woods etc.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Thanks :) I now have a couple of secondary sources to choose from. Now I desperately need a primary source. I went to the state library, but I couldn't find ANYTHING there, so now I don't know where to look. You'd think finding primary sources would be easier than finding secondary sources...

Aerials

your member for ulladulla
HSC
Something else you can do is, go to a book-shop and find a book on the Cold War Crisis by whoever it might be, and flip to the back and look at the notes/references. Because as you know when an author cites a work, its usually from a primary source... like a passage or something. Then search the net and find the primary notes, and you're on your way. If they're books, they might be hard to find, but if its just an 18 page report or something, it shouldnt be too hard to come across. Give it a go, it might work.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
hi, i just did an assingment on Korea during the cold war and have a couple of places were u may be able to find sources.
The first is a book called The Essential Collection Volume II - Versalles to Bosnia - written by H. Russle Cowie

web sites to look at include;
http://www.cold-war.info/

modern history sourcebook

i'll c if i can find a copy of my bibliography which might have some sources in it - i'll relpy soon

mel

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by MissSavage29
hi, i just did an assingment on Korea during the cold war and have a couple of places were u may be able to find sources.
The first is a book called The Essential Collection Volume II - Versalles to Bosnia - written by H. Russle Cowie

web sites to look at include;
http://www.cold-war.info/

modern history sourcebook

i'll c if i can find a copy of my bibliography which might have some sources in it - i'll relpy soon

mel
Thankyou :)

Originally posted by KarmaKitten
heh
i dont have to do Cold war tilllllll wayyyy later
We haven't finished Russia yet...and we're nowhere near the end...so I don't know why they gave us a cold war assessment task when we don't start the cold war for ages either.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
mmm can't find bibliography anywhere -

good book with sources in it is Fitzgerald - the Cold war - its a text book with lots of sources/quotes from the period in it - excelent book for any aspect of cold war.

i'll keep looking haven't found much else though.
hope helps
mel

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by MissSavage29
mmm can't find bibliography anywhere -

good book with sources in it is Fitzgerald - the Cold war - its a text book with lots of sources/quotes from the period in it - excelent book for any aspect of cold war.

i'll keep looking haven't found much else though.
hope helps
mel
Thanks for all your help :). I'll try to find a copy of that textbook somewhere...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)