Sources (1 Viewer)

TurkStyle

HSC
my teacher said that all sources are unreliable but i have been reading some essays that say "source D is reliable etc..." WTF :shoot:

and for section 1 of the HSC the 2 10 mark question do you have to write an introduction??

Dan2008

HSC
Ur teacher is off his face! lol no offence, sure he's a good bloke, but not all sources are unreliable. They're all reliable to different degrees!

And yeah i would right a small introduction! I'd just quicky answer the Q and briefly outline where you are heading with your response

TurkStyle

HSC
also none of the band5/6 answers have quoted the sourced in the usefullness and reliability??

Dan2008

HSC
Yeah you dont actually have to quote the source, maybe paraphrase some of it to reference, but slabs of quotes wont win you any friends in the marking centre!

HSC
Not all sources are reliable, but they are ALL useful in some way.

Both primary and secondary sources express opinions and views of society on the issue. So in an exam, if you are given a source, say, German propaganda, although it may not be reliable (biased etc), you can still point out that it is useful for gauging perceptions of the time (same goes for secondary, from the point of view of historiography).

Hope this helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)