sources in essay (1 Viewer)

Ebatchelor

HSC
Hey does anyone know what the deal is with using sources in the conflict essay? Is it required? Optional?
I have no idea, doing Euopre....

lionking1191

HSC
Ebatchelor said:
Hey does anyone know what the deal is with using sources in the conflict essay? Is it required? Optional?
our school just made it part of the assessment where you have to analyse a source's reliability and usefulness (basically like ww1, part 3)

smurfygirl

HSC
N/A
Ebatchelor said:
It doesn't matter which options you are doing.

Quotes, if used well, do add something to your essays. But, too many students use descriptive rather than evaluative quotes. There's no point quoting a fact, quote (or paraphrase) an opinion instead. If the question begins with evaluate/asses/ analyse etc, then you do need to judge and quotes may help you do that.

You do not have to quote historians in a Modern essay to get full marks, although many top answers do.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You have to show that you understand the different interpretations of the topic you are studying.

Using quotes is one way to do that but it is far better to be able to sum up the ideas and intreprations of different historians to support your argument.

Ebatchelor

HSC
thanks alot you guys
now i just have to find some haha
kidding
kinda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)