Source prediction (1 Viewer)

*10#

Anyone wanna have a guess what the source will be on for what is history

I hope its something on Reynolds/Winshuttle like our trial but i doubt it.
If not i hope its on postmodernists because i love attacking their arguments and bagging them out!!!
Does it have to be from the BOS source booklet because i think it has come from their in other years!

SmokedSalmon

HSC
looking at previous years the sources are not from the BOS source booklet. I do not want Reynolds/Windschuttle... they are mainly a pain in the butt. I think I'll end up bagging out Windschuttle then focusing on Reynolds too.
I think it'll be pretty fair... just hope the question is ok.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Our trial (the independent) was the 'In the Right Corner' article (shame I never bothered to read it before the trial!)

Im guessing something by Windschuttle cos theres been so much about him lately. But they could also pull something from totally left field too. Better to be prepared generally than in anticipation of a certain article...

psycho_mushy

HSC
uh...... this is my opinion.....

this is a 1 unit course

how the heck are u supposed to guess the source?! I say just don't think about it and do what you can.......

SmokedSalmon

HSC
lol no idea ms 12.

if anyone wants to bother why don't you post up the types of sources u had in ur half yearly exams and trials? Would be nice to check out what other people had to do. And perhaps prepare yourself for anything that comes ur way. Ok i'll start off here...
Half yearly: Carr/Elton debate on historical facts
Trial: An article on Keith Windschuttle: "Bringing OBjectivity Back to the queen of humanities" (mainly about "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History", background of Windschuttle and what he is trying to do)

dr_spoya

For my trial I had two sources for Q1.
Source A: 'Our history, not rewritten but put right' by Paul Sheehan, SMH 25/11/2002
Source B: 'Decrying the memories of Mistake Creek is yet further injustice' by William Deane, SMH, 27/11/2002.

It was about Windshuttle and his book and all that.

My 1/2 yearly, however, was 'Cook and Columbus, A Eunuch Admiral from China was First' by Kelly Burke, SMH 5/3/2002

This was about historian Gavin Menzies and his claim that the Chinese were the first to discover Australia.

*10#

hmm Carr/Elton source would be fun.

my trial was the William Deane Windshuttle thingy
mid year was a lecture by Reynolds talking about how postmodernism threatens the practise of history but also saying that history is very much in the publics minds and shit about the left and right using history for their own political agendas

i think my teacher is anticipating a reynolds question considering the BOS obsession with aboriginals and the marginalised blah shit blah

any guesses on what the question will focus on i.e which dot point of the syllabus either:
* changing approaches to history ( evidence, context perspective, philosophies etc)
* construction of history - changing methods of constructing history over time
OR
* the aims and purposes of history

- im betting aims and purposes because that hasnt been asked - but last years question was kinda weird but good asking for your own interpretation

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
a Windschuttle one would kill me. seriously. he sends me into this psychotic spin and i just end up unknowingly badmouthing him all throughout my essay.

*10#

nice question
- i rather like windshuttle nice and controversial like AJP Taylor and i think some of his arguments are convincing not saying they are right but yeah hes quite the provocator ( is that a word )

Affinity

HSC
I think trouble maker would be more appropriate :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)