Source booklet? (1 Viewer)

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
In answering question one does one need to refer to sources from the BoS Source booklet? Or is this just an additional resource, for background reading, etc?

I'm a little confused.

Plebeian

I don't recall it ever being specified as mandatory. I think the idea is to give students the ability to access diverse historiographical opinions without having to buy 30 or 40 separate books. There's some pretty good material in there, however, so while I don't think it's compulsory, it would definitely be advisable to have a look at it.

poodoorfan

iu am gettin really confused people seem to be goin out and finding almost like related texts. we don't need to do this do we????

im just gonna talk about the info our teacher has taught us, and she's never mentioned any of this source booklet stuff.

Plebeian

poodoorfan said:
iu am gettin really confused people seem to be goin out and finding almost like related texts. we don't need to do this do we????

im just gonna talk about the info our teacher has taught us, and she's never mentioned any of this source booklet stuff.
No, you don't have to mention it. Chances are that what your teacher has taught you has a lot of overlap with the material in the Source Booklet. As I posted previously, the point of the Source Booklet is just so you can look at some snippets without having to buy many books. If you can access appropriate pieces of historiographical writing in other ways (ie. from your teacher, in this case), that's equally good.

a8o

HSC
Yeah, I took a look at the booklet, and agree there is a lot of awesome stuff in there I wish I had read earlier in the year, I think I'm sufficiently prepared for the exam without it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)