Sound nerds please :) (1 Viewer)

sonnysburning

HSC
Hello thar :)

I've just finished hsc and what not, and i'd like to get into sound engineering [live or recording] However, i didn't do physics (only Music 1, where i got interested in it) at school, so i was just wondering if anyone could recommend me somewhere to start?
Textbooks/people/websites.. anything would be good :)
I am starting from scratch.. i hardly know anything about it, but i'm really interested in it.
:)
Thanks heaps.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Some uni's offer music production courses as part of a music degree (but i think you need to still have a primary instrument or something? It's like a major you can choose but i'm not 100% on that, so if anyone wants to clarify that go for it).

Then you have some private colleges that train you in the same sort of stuff, but they don't do many core subjects and they don't really go into much depth with the material covered (for instance, you might learn how to mic up amps for live performances and mix tracks using some kinda sequencing software, but you might not learn how the software actually sequences the tracks, or learning the underlying mechanics of the recording processes). A couple of my friends go to SAE in sydney and say it's pretty good though. There are many private colleges that do stuff on music production and sound engineering too. Check out Drum Media, there are heaps of ads in there for this kinda education.

imo, you can learn heaps of stuff about sound engineering on the web. There are lots of resources and forums out there (http://www.prosoundweb.com/ has lots of information and members who have worked with Nirvana, Megadeth and Sheryl Crow)

sonnysburning

HSC
epic massive thank you! :)
i was looking at one course in sydney at aim which seems pretty good. and i play guitar, so instruments/theory works well :)
thanks for the link... is shall check it out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)