• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

SOR II Essay (1 Viewer)

kev-kun

HSC
Hi all, just wondering if I could get some help. Our class is having an essay with an unseen question on Judaism.
The content is as followed:
- Origins
- Principal Beliefs
- Sacred Texts and Writings
- Core Ethical Teachings
So what I'm asking about is what type of question am I expected to get? Also what should I include? Quotes? In depth content? Our teacher said that it could be an analyse, evaluate or another essay question type verb.
Any help would be great! Thanks ^^

ghuy

HSC
Hi Kev-kun, considering it's an essay about those sections in particular, the question might be something like,
" How does the historical context of Judaism reinforce an adherent's identity" or
"How do the ethical and principal beliefs impact on the lives of the adherents" or something along those lines, if you focus your study on these certain dot points, and include some small details like spelling God as G-d (in respect), elaborating on the quotes you provide from the Talmud, the 10 Commandments, the Torah, Ne'vium, Kevium and the 613 mitzvot, and also linking the belief, ethical practise or historical origin to the adherents life (make sure the link is distinct and explicit, it is the most important part) you should be fine. I'll inbox you a Judaism essay on the importance of scripture on Jewish lives. If you need any help pm me friend!

Ghuy. :)

lolwot

HSC
Make sure you also know how the the principle beliefs are expressed within the sacred texts; and how the ethical beliefs express the principle beliefs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)