Sor hsc 2013 predictions (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
It will be interesting to see what everyone thinks is going to be in the exam, particularly the style of the depth study. But here are my predictions

-Post 1945: Changing patterns of religious in adherence in Australia. If not, possibly ecumenism. (If you look at previous years they keep on interchanging between contemporary aboriginal spiritualities and religious expression in Australia, and as they focused on Aboriginal spirituality last year, I'm pretty confident this topic won't be repeated)
-Religion and Non Religion: New religious expression hasn't been repeated in a while. But I'm less sure about this one.
-Short Answers; Predicting Significant Practice and Significant Person, as Ethics played a larger role in the sa last year, so I feel it is unlikely to play a major role. Or they could do what they did in 2011 and focus on one specific aspect, in which case I think the significant practice would be most likely to make an appearance.
-Essay: I think it will be on one specific topic like last year, with the BOS possibly hinting at this in the marking notes; "Candidates are advised that it is the Board’s intention that the questions in Section III will be less predictable from year to year. Consequently, although previous years’ examinations have had a rather holistic question in this section, this might not be the case in coming years." in which case, I think it will most likely be on ethics
-Religion and Peace: Possibly inner peace, rotation cycle seems to suggest so

PS I know that sometimes they don't have the same questions for all topics, however they usually do overlap in one way or another, so these are what I think will be for the majority of the paper.

Last edited:

Randox

HSC
N/A
I am thinking it will be significant practice for the sor 1 essay

norwegianwood

HSC
-Post 1945: Changing patterns of religious in adherence in Australia. If not, possibly ecumenism. (If you look at previous years they keep on interchanging between contemporary aboriginal spiritualities and religious expression in Australia, and as they focused on Aboriginal spirituality last year, I'm pretty confident this topic won't be repeated)
last year's question was on aboriginal reconciliation re: other religious traditions, which is in the 2nd part of that syllabus. it could be on aboriginal spirituality again is what i'm saying.

NWO

HSC
hey, u know for short answers pre 1940s- can they ask you for the statistics of immigration? like how religions in aus have changed. trend. etc? if yes, do u have any trends lol. past hscs have never asked for that. they might ask it this time. this year is pretty weird

HSC
N/A
last year's question was on aboriginal reconciliation re: other religious traditions, which is in the 2nd part of that syllabus. it could be on aboriginal spirituality again is what i'm saying.
Yeh, but they kind of overlap, I think it would be unlikely

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
What were the questions in cssa?
5 marker - Account for the effect of immigration on the cahnging pattern of religious adherence in Australia from 1945 to the present.

Religion and non-religion 5 marker: Explain the influence of the rise of materialism on the growth of new religious expressions

Religious Tradition Depth Study: "Sacred writings draw on the wisdom of the past even as they give voice to the issues and concerns of the present" - Explain how (Christianity) today, as a living religious system, is guided by the wisdom of the past

Religion and Peace - The sacred texts of the major religious traditions were written in a time and place far removed from today. As such they lack relevance to the modern world - To what extent does this statement reflect the relationship between sacred texts and inner peace in TWO religious traditions?

Randox

HSC
N/A
5 marker - Account for the effect of immigration on the cahnging pattern of religious adherence in Australia from 1945 to the present.

Religion and non-religion 5 marker: Explain the influence of the rise of materialism on the growth of new religious expressions

Religious Tradition Depth Study: "Sacred writings draw on the wisdom of the past even as they give voice to the issues and concerns of the present" - Explain how (Christianity) today, as a living religious system, is guided by the wisdom of the past

Religion and Peace - The sacred texts of the major religious traditions were written in a time and place far removed from today. As such they lack relevance to the modern world - To what extent does this statement reflect the relationship between sacred texts and inner peace in TWO religious traditions?
Do you think its likely for the same question in 5 marker to come up in the HSC? The CSSA has been good at predicting questions in the hsc before...

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you think its likely for the same question in 5 marker to come up in the HSC? The CSSA has been good at predicting questions in the hsc before...
I think it's probable.

I'm just happy I remembered correct and thus realistic census data on the day, without looking at it for almost 9 months! lol

Candidate

HSC
Im praying the Depth Study essay is on ethics or just a holistic question. For the R&Peace essay I am hoping it does not specify for one religion, or for inner or world peace for that matter. It better be a holistic question.

monsta4lyfe

HSC
CSSA was not too bad. I haven't seen the paper, but I just KNOW the religion and peace question will be on the contribution to inner peace. Like OP said, rotational cycle will ensure that s.4 is inner peace/

lolwot

HSC
My predictions it will follow yours and trial sorta
Post-45: immigration/secularisation
Religion and non-religion: new age religion disenchantment/ecological/materialism
Short answers: Significant person the focus, with a little of ethics/practise
Depth study: Practise
Peace: Inner peace or something cheeky

How would you guys structure a general ethics essay question? Would you like talk about the sources of the ethics, examples, variance how they imapct lives of adherents???

Last edited:

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
oh woops

thought you guys were talking about short answers

I hope the essay is on all 3, so I can have a gr8 response

I'm trying to learn enough info now tho to sustain it on one if necessitated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)