Songs for a video I'm editing? Ideas? (1 Viewer)

zaqwerty

HSC
Hi all,

Last year I went on a massive trip all the way around the USA and am in the process of editing all the video footage I took.

Anyway it's already 40 mins long and I'm starting to run out of ideas for songs. I really don't want to put any "I love America because I'm free" songs in it.

Basically does anyone know of any songs that are about America and that are actually decent? Even songs that you think may go well with a video like this (but aren't about America). They can be mellow or loud and intrusive I really don't mind as I still have 4 tapes to go!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i odnt know if this really counts but i always think of fleet foxes as being songs for the wilderness. anything from their self-titled record, i'm pretty sure they are from seattle

other wise anything from sufjan steven's 50 states project - either illinois or michigan depending on where you wnet if you want to get all tokenistic

zaqwerty

HSC
i odnt know if this really counts but i always think of fleet foxes as being songs for the wilderness. anything from their self-titled record, i'm pretty sure they are from seattle

other wise anything from sufjan steven's 50 states project - either illinois or michigan depending on where you wnet if you want to get all tokenistic
Thanks for the one reply! I've already used Fleet Foxes and I'm thinking of using another one of their songs as it goes really well. And I'll definitely look into Sufjan Stevens. Thanks for the idea.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
American Idiot by Greenday lol? Might provide some contrast.
Maybe look for some instrumental songs too. Maybe the theme from American Beauty or Cumulus by Imogen Heap. Also Music for a found Harmonium, maybe?
Jump in the Pool by Friendly Fires may also work well.

I have heaps of suggestions lol, but I'll limit it to that for now :p

Good luck =]

boganxcore

HSC
yeah sufjan stevens - come on, feel the illinoise! would be awesome for a roadtrip video

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC
Neil Young - Let's Impeach the President

Nahr kiddin'. But really you might wanna look Young up. He sings a lot about that place. Some positive some negative.

Edit: Which parts of the country did you go by the way?

Last edited:

occer

HSC
N/A
Young Americans - David Bowie

16 Military Wives - The Decemberists

And of course anything by The Presidents of The United States of America.

EDIT: Oh wait...not about America. Well most of those still stand.

Last edited:

zaqwerty

HSC
Edit: Which parts of the country did you go by the way?
Saw at least a small part of each part of the country. Started in California and went all through the South then from New York went through the North and a bit into Canada. Was pretty much in a new city/state every other night.

But the South was definitely my favourite. Going back to Arizona for sure!

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC
Flippin' awesome. I plan on doing something like that after my exchange in Canada.

How did you get around? Buses and trains?

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
its more important to set the tone of it, and what emotions you want to convey instead of theme music about the destination

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)