Somewhat of a problem (1 Viewer)

xAlan

HSC
If you've got good friends that are around the same ranks as you, (me and my group were usually top 10 at most subjects, big cohort) you can share your assignments around as long as they share them as well. But this obviously becomes risky as you guys might take some concepts and mash them together and you might create similar pieces. However most of the time we would be like "how did you start your intro" etc. and sometimes we would help edit their assignments to help add another perspective.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally, I give notes that I get to my class. I'm near the top in the subjects that I get notes for and it really isn't that bad but DON'T do their work for them - give directions and pave a path for them to achieve but don't give it to them.

Even if you share and lose your top rank, you still gained the whole grade and so in turn, you really don't disadvantage yourself.

Roy216

HSC
Year 12s a competition, friends become enemies when it comes to school and its everyone for themselves. It a race to the top and helping people probably won't help you, sure it feels good i used to help people all time, i remember helping a guy last year with essays and he managed to do better then me, i still do abit but wen it comes to exams, notes and essays, people should get ther own material. I showed my physics teacher my notes, he said he wanted to show the class i told him no and he totally understood why.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Sure, Year 12 is a competition to the top but you forget that your school grade is also your team. Scaling occurs based on how your grade goes and helping them will help everyone.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I help a bit but before trials cause I'm pretty busy myself, after I'd full on coach people if they wanted(too bad noone would want that hah). It'd be a total win, consolidating my info and making my cohort do way better. I could monopolise a whiteboard and teach lol

Arikasa

HSC
I think you should give it 2 your friends because shareing is caring.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
Well, if you feel you have time, maybe you can ask for their essays and give them feedback instead. It's a win-win situation; they get to improve on their essay and maybe you'll get inspired by their ideas.

such_such

HSC
Sharing notes is okay I guess. It feels undeniably better if you obtain higher marks using the same resources. Sharing essays on the other hand should be avoided! It is, in a way, like copying in a test. If your friend got higher than you, you'll be pretty fed up and angry, and so you should be. But the best way is to both share essays and learn from each other.

Learn to say nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)