Something keeps blocking access to the net (1 Viewer)

vds700

HSC
I've been having this problem where something is blocking all program's access to the net. I ran my virus scanner (Avast free) a few days ago and i said I had a trojan horse, which I immediately deleted to virus chest.

However I'm still having the problem of the net being blocked. In my browser (Google Chrome), I get the message "This webpage is not available" (See screenshot below). If I restart the computer, it goes back to normal, and then a few hours or so later it gets blocked again.

I have been running Avast and Ad Aware many times since but they bring up nothing.

Checked firewall settings (PC tools firewall plus) and it has allow for chrome, ie etc, so i don't think that's causing the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? (Tried searching on google, but couldn't find anything similar)

Also, running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM, using LAN connection so it's not wireless problems).

Last edited:

redrocket2

HSC
1) Don't use Chrome haha (switch to firefox)

2) Restart your router/modem/switch.

3) Give your ISP a call and they should be able to tell you if they are having any issues on their end

vds700

HSC
1) Don't use Chrome haha (switch to firefox)

2) Restart your router/modem/switch.

3) Give your ISP a call and they should be able to tell you if they are having any issues on their end
its not ISP related. I've gone on my dad's computer when mine is blocked and it connected fine

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I've been having this problem where something is blocking all program's access to the net. I ran my virus scanner (Avast free) a few days ago and i said I had a trojan horse, which I immediately deleted to virus chest.

However I'm still having the problem of the net being blocked. In my browser (Google Chrome), I get the message "This webpage is not available" (See screenshot below). If I restart the computer, it goes back to normal, and then a few hours or so later it gets blocked again.

I have been running Avast and Ad Aware many times since but they bring up nothing.

Checked firewall settings (PC tools firewall plus) and it has allow for chrome, ie etc, so i don't think that's causing the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? (Tried searching on google, but couldn't find anything similar)

Also, running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM, using LAN connection so it's not wireless problems).

System restore to the last known point where it was working.

xceL

HSC
Looks like a proxy error.
Tools -> options -> under the hood -> Change proxy settings -> Connections tab (if you're not in it already) -> Lan settings -> Proxy server.. Fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)