Something For Kates newie! (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Something For Kates new album came out yesterday. Has any one else got it yet? What do you think?
I think it's better than their last album, but not as good as their first 2...I was actually pleasantly surprised by it because I didn't like their first single (Deja Vu) that much, and I thought maybe the rest of the album would be in the same vein...but I am happy to be able to say it is my least fave song off the album.
The cover art is pretty incredible...and if you buy it at certain stores they give you a free poster, which is friggin cool. :D

Also, is anyone else going to any of their upcoming shows?

spleen

I have only heard the new single, which I think is great! Might buy the album soon or meebe try to get a 'review copy'.
Hopefully I'll be going to the shows. Anyone got the dates? (And please tell me theyre a/a!)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
SFK are touring again..? i thought they already toured recently butterfly..?

damn i dunno that much SFK stuff, someone tell me, like their singles they released ('hallways', '3 dimensions', 'photograph' and 'monsters' and 'you only hide' come to mind) are they their usual 'style' of music or is their stuff normally totally different?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
SFK are touring again..? i thought they already toured recently butterfly..?

damn i dunno that much SFK stuff, someone tell me, like their singles they released ('hallways', '3 dimensions', 'photograph' and 'monsters' and 'you only hide' come to mind) are they their usual 'style' of music or is their stuff normally totally different?
Yeah they toured about 2 months ago, when they released their first single. Now they're doing the album tour.
I dunno if I'd say those songs you've listed are their "usual style"...I don't think they really have one style, each album is pretty different.

Spleen-they're touring over the next few months. Tickets went on sale last week. I know they're doing a show in Sydney on the 20th (only 1 Sydney show-pfft!:mad: ), but for other citys dates you'll have to check their website...but most other shows aren't all ages. The Sydney one is, for like the first time ever...conveniently they waited til AFTER i turned 18 til they managed any all ages! :(

Last edited:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
sorry i didn't mean to say that SFK (or any band for that matter) are limited to any one style. i don't know why i asked that stupid freakin question, never mind

anyway. um. i'd love to go to SFK but fuck i workkkk :(

they are playing at homebake though, so i'll go to homebake

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
im fuckin over them hey. they were my favourite band up until echolalia. dempsey has lost his passion, he's more into the technical side of things nowadays

give me pinstripe or prick over monsters anyday

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
sorry i didn't mean to say that SFK (or any band for that matter) are limited to any one style.
No, I know what you meant. I just wasn't sure exactly how to answer...I mean, if you don't like any of their songs then I'm guessing you wouldn't really like them that much. But if you just don't like 1 or 2 then that means nothing...musically, I didn't like '3 Dimensions', and if I just heard that song on the radio I would've just thought they were shit and would not have bothered looking into them.
I also agree with um that their older stuff is a mile better than their newer stuff (although I wouldn't go as far as to say Paul has lost his passion...).

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah i so agree with you about the first impressions thing. isn't that really weird.. you prolly hear like hundreds of 'shit' songs on the radio and think, that band must suck hey. but 90% of the time it's prolly just a one-off song that's not really their 'style'.

but then on the other hand, most albums tend to have a whole genre of different styles and experimentations of whatever, to make it interesting etc. i find an album dull if all the songs 'sound alike'.

hm i do'nt think what i just said makes any sense, nm

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i heard bits of it yesterday....so fucking boring and formulaic

there was one song i liked, number 8

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by um..
i heard bits of it yesterday....so fucking boring and formulaic

there was one song i liked, number 8
..bits of the new album? i thought you were a big SFK fan um.., like you went to there concert yeah?

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
yeah, well i am, through my brother anyway (he has like every sfk cd ever released, plus spin offs and promos and shit).
its just that echolalia and now the official fiction have sort of been a disapointment for me, i really dont like them

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
why have they been a disappointment? just heaps different from their new stuff?

well il be seeing SFK at homebake anywaysss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)