Someone tell me how to predict my UAI please (1 Viewer)

akuc7

HSC
Can someone tell me how to predict or guess my UAI!??! my cousin did it last year~? but he cant remember how she did it :confused: .

PLEASE TELL ME! IF you can by STEP BY STEP please :)

akuc7

HSC
akuc7 said:
Can someone tell me how to predict or guess my UAI!??! my cousin did it last year~? but he cant remember how she did it :confused: .

PLEASE TELL ME! IF you can by STEP BY STEP please :)
Tell me how to guess my UAI

P

pLuvia

You can't accurately estimate your UAI until you receive your HSC results near the end of the year, using your raw school marks don't give you an indication of how well you are going to do unless your school gives you UAI estimates

~Jess~

HSC
So can we or can we not predict our UAI on here? I need help too...step by step please someone!! I am 1st and 2nd in all my classes, but there are only 40 people in my year, I need an indication of how I will go in the HSC...
Also, does doing extension topics or going to certain schools give you a better UAI? The whole system is so weird, I really don't understand it, and I don't have any brothers or sisters, cousins, mentors, tutors or anyone to help me, so can someone else?!!

williamc

HSC
~Jess~ said:
So can we or can we not predict our UAI on here? I need help too...step by step please someone!! I am 1st and 2nd in all my classes, but there are only 40 people in my year, I need an indication of how I will go in the HSC...
Also, does doing extension topics or going to certain schools give you a better UAI? The whole system is so weird, I really don't understand it, and I don't have any brothers or sisters, cousins, mentors, tutors or anyone to help me, so can someone else?!!
There is no way to be totally accurate until we actually get our results, and even then SAm might be a few points off.

Although you can get an idea of what marks you are looking at by:

Reading the threads on aligning and moderating in the HSC/UAI technical area as it will give you an idea of what raw marks satisfy band cut-offs in previous years. Go through past exams and estimate your marks(or even ask teachers what mark you are capable off). Eg. My maths teacher said i should aim for a band 6 in 2 unit maths, although if i keep going how i am at the moment i will only get a band 5. For 2 unit maths around the early 70's/120 scores at low band 5 aligned(estimation off 2004 and 01 data) Also, maybe ask your teachers how many band 5's or 6's there was last year and how you and your grade compare to the previous year.

Only if you can perform well in an extension topic will it give you a better UAI. Eg. scoring 20% raw in 4 unit maths even aligned isn't going to save you. The school you go to has no impact on your UAI directly. Indirectly though, going to a higher ranked school you may be greater motivated with the studious students and having to work hard to get higher ranks.

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

You could try your school principal or whoever that can predict UAI's from past HSC students from your school, but if that doesn't happen you can't predict your UAI unless you have a rough estimation of what marks you will get in the UAI

~Jess~

HSC
Thanks for the advice, I'll go and talk to the school principal tomorrow...does anyone else think there isn't really enough information out there? Especially for rural students? I've only just realised how much I am missing out of because I live in the 'country'...

jbax89

HSC
since you're a rural student you are able to apply for EAS which may grant you those few needed UAI for the course you want :D, however if you are 1st/2nd in most subjects you should go rather well unless you're like me and are the smartest idiot. XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)