Someone help please !!!!!! (1 Viewer)

husskb

HSC
I'm in year 11 and just started term 3 which is my last term before i enter year 12. My current Subjects are, Standard Eng, Gen Math, Business, Modern History, society & culture and 2 non atar subjects, work studies and catholic studies.

since i started society & culture i have been going through depression, i cant understand it and it is so hard for me. and it isnt the teacher aswell becuase i have her for modern history too and i am coming 5th in that subject.

But in society and culture i am currently coming 21st out of 23. It is the only subject i cannot do. every other subject i am top 5 in.

and because i only have 10 ATAR units, my school doesnt let me drop society & culture.

Thats why i'm thinking if i can, change schools which doesnt offer society and culture. what would happen to me?

coz i really want to get out of this subject, it is the biggest regret in my life.

If i transfer schools at the beggining of year 12 to a school that doesnt offer society and culture, would the BOS let me do that? or would they have to make me repeat year 11 or something

someone please help me

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You could go to TAFE for one subject starting next year which means that you will study HSC+Preliminary course within one year.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
You could potentially drop your society and culture but you'd be required to do a full prelim course and hsc course for another subject in a year which is extremely challenging. (also most schools won't allow this)

I recommend that you relax and rethink your approach to this subject, I felt exactly the same with my extension English and how I wanted to drop it since it was my only subject I was performing bad in.

Talk to some hsc students who have completed society and culture if possible and see if you can read their notes so at the minimum if you feel like your lost you can always refer to what they did.

I did end up going well for my extension english but it was only because I changed my attitude about it, try your best to deal with it your way but I guess if it isn't working out feel free to borrow from my experience.

All the best!

mitra

HSC
N/A
I'd agree with the above comment and had exactly the same experience. Changing the way you look at the subject could make all the difference. It's hard to do though sometime...

Aside from what was said above - also keep in mind that even if you could change schools - you might not respond well to the new environment - and that could have a negative impact on the subjects you are doing well in.

Focus on the positive.. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)