Somebody tell me honestly is there still hope? (1 Viewer)

BikkiMuncher

HSC
2 weeks till trials and to be honest i havent studied a whole lot... at all for that matter.

mathematics worth 40%
econimics worth 40%
english adv worth 25%
business worth 30%
drama worth 15%

how is everybody else going? im a doomed? i need to get above 74 UAI to get to where i need to go, how hard is that? is that an amazing student? an avarage student? i have no grasp on any of this UAI scaling stuff! i just want an idea as to weither its do-able...

somebody enlighten me

-pari-

HSC
N/A
lol, do you really need to know?

if i tell you you need to study xyz much, abc hrs per day, will it help you?

if you want 74, then put in your best, and get it. it's that simple. really....it is.

no amount of "oh just study 2hrs a day" will help you because you're an individual, everyone studies differently.
no amount of "74 - yep, any average kid should be able to get that" will help, because "average" is subjective

no one can tell whether you are doomed or not, other than you.

is it do-able? well all you need to know is, people out there get 100. only thing not do-able is 101.

so my advice - put your head down and study away.

BikkiMuncher

HSC
Okay, i understand, the moral of the story is STUDY, i know i need to its just there so so god damn much stuff to study i almost feel like there is no point, i should give up hope. the beginning of this year and last i was closely ranked first for most of my subjects but in April i got really sick and was in bed for 4 weeks straight and my ranks dropped hugely.

I just really want to have a slight grasp on how hard 74 is going to be? even though i had really high ranks it is a small school (the aust. international school of singapore) and i dont have a grasp on the UAI system...

s2caz

just smile.
HSC
im pretty much in your position..
except im aiming even higher which aint that good for me..~~
the best i can hope for is to study as much as i think i can..
and waltz in and out of the trials..;;

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
BikkiMuncher said:
2 weeks till trials and to be honest i havent studied a whole lot... at all for that matter.

mathematics worth 40%
econimics worth 40%
english adv worth 25%
business worth 30%
drama worth 15%

how is everybody else going? im a doomed? i need to get above 74 UAI to get to where i need to go, how hard is that? is that an amazing student? an avarage student? i have no grasp on any of this UAI scaling stuff! i just want an idea as to weither its do-able...

somebody enlighten me
Don't worry you should get 75 fine. And I've slacked off way too much these holidays too, but there's still two weeks to study and to get help from teachers.

btw your thingo says you're male ;)

BikkiMuncher

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Don't worry you should get 75 fine. And I've slacked off way too much these holidays too, but there's still two weeks to study and to get help from teachers.

btw your thingo says you're male ;)
hehe, its david's cause i couldnt get mine to work... who is this btw? hehe

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
BikkiMuncher said:

mathematics worth 40%
econimics worth 40%
english adv worth 25%
business worth 30%
drama worth 15%

somebody enlighten me
I'd love to give you advice for all of this, but i'd like to see some of your assessment marks and ranks.

That said, pretty much anyone can still get a 74 from here, provided you do well enough in the trials and the externals.

There is plenty of hope, just get some solid work in and you'll be fine. :)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
BikkiMuncher said:

mathematics worth 40%
econimics worth 40%
english adv worth 25%
business worth 30%
drama worth 15%

somebody enlighten me
try your best =D & good luck. !

wooki

HSC
it'll be fine, just start now, its never too late to start studying (this from the girl who has a maths trial tomorrow and havent really started studying...maybe after las vegas tonight)

its true tough, the more effort you put in the better your results are- but i can think anyone can achieve 85 withou sacrificing their entire life

im rambling a bit...but yeah good luck!!

HSC
magpam said:
:rofl: i was going to ask if you were being sarcastic but yeah didn't really noticed what you wrote at the end lmao

yeah if only there was a subject called bludging i'd ace it :)
Hahaha, of course I was being sarcastic. :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)