Some Tips (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
nosadness said:
what yr is that jordan question?

y is it so famous?

and helper that olympics question what yr is it from? and whats the answer?
i thought that being in high altitudes the air is thinner so their lungs and red blood cells are more and bigger. So that on normal grounds they obtain more oxygen, which is the main component of energy source for the body so they perform better. whats the mathematical reason?
Jordan is the last question in 2004. It's famous because it didn't give you that much info (only time of flight) and you had to "think" about it to realize what you had to do. (it's well established what you had to do now because there was a lot of discussion about it, but at the time it might have seemed more surprising in the exam).

The reason would probably be weaker gravity due to being further from Earth's centre, g = GmE/r²

Haku

Jago said:
they're further away from the centre of the earth:

g (acceleration) = Gm/r²

so g is reduced, and thus the athlete's weight is reduced, allowing them to jump further/higher.
where u got that formula from?

is my explaination anything near getting a mark?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I dont think your answer is right...

that formula was a derivation of some other formula, i think. meh, i just memorise that cos there's usually a gravity q in the mc

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Your explanation is biology, which is just offensive... nah.

That formula comes from Newton's law of Universal Gravitation and F = ma, where the little g is accelration due to gravity. (I'm not insult u by typing up the "derivation")

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i love you helper. i think you may have given us all an extra 5 marks... *big sloppy e-kiss*

richz

helper,

it would be nice if u could post up those application qs tonite, now that chem is done :). If u cant do it, thats not a problem, just tell me.

thnx :)

helper

HSC
N/A
I probably won't get a chance xrtzx.

I would note that the trend of using tables used in Biology did not follow through to Chem, so probably won't follow through to Physics.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
xrtzx said:
ok, y would the high altitude, affect running??
'Cause at higher altitudes you get less oxygen than you would at lower altitudes when you breath in. Initially I believe this leads to less oxygen being transported to your muscles so you 'run out of fuel' faster, so to speak. Eventually your cardiovascular system adapts though (might take a few weeks or something?).

richz

yes, how could i forget that, pressurisation, thats why they pressurise aeroplane cabins

thnx Kfunk :)

richz

msg to anyone, who has done 2005 Bio, senior science or E and E.

Did that test ask questions that have been previously asked in past hscs?

thnx:)

rama_v

HSC
Yeah
Whatever happened to WWI Haber Process, methods used to reduce impact of CFC's, the comparison of two wreck sites for shipwrecks - all this was replaced by bloody Battery Cells and Water treatment, both of which have already been tested in detail

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)