some questions on economic policies (1 Viewer)

lum

HSC
what are the current objectives of the monetary policy? i mean with the fiscal policy is mildly expansionary and the ageing population, but wif the monetary policy, the goals are so general, ie. inflation, unemployment lvls and econ growth.

so what can i say about the current objectives, when there isn't anything standing out as of 2005, that i know of.

also, does fiscal/monetary policy have anything to do with structural change? or is it ONLy microeconomic policies? and how can i link structural changes/micro policies wif a fiscal/moneary essay, (to make it flow)

Demandred

HSC
Reduce inflation (within 2-3%).

Right now, the RBA see's Australia's economy in 'goldilock's territory', not too hot, not too cold. There is no reason for an decrease in interest rate as Australia's growth rate is predicted to increase to over 3% in 2006, unemployment is also at record lows. There is no intention to raise interest rates as inflation is controlled as well as a weakening consumer confidence.

lum

HSC
well, as you said, basically everything monetary aims for in the long run is achieved, i dun really see anything to be changed, any short term aims that's valid today?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)