Some q's from a Yr11er. (1 Viewer)

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
Lol, problem is, we don't get every sheet, just the ones which we go through in coming lesson. Plus we don't get too many of the revision tests printed out, nor any answers for the general sheets. Also, my class plods along and I'm sitting there going 'Darn, wish I had a textbook on me. :mad1:'

So $80 well spent for me considering its a subject I really wanna nail. But I've heard the Physics Prelim content ain't so relevant in HSC as, say, Math or English Prelim, where its all just cumulative knowledge and skills. So if there are better uses for my cash, jus' say.

edit: Also I'll add that the sheets from the Surfing book are clear as crystal to me...haven't seen any other Physics texts but Surfing's really effective IMO
If you do want to buy the surfing series, try looking at some second hand textbook stores. You might get lucky and find mint conditions surfing series book at half price or even less of the RRP (20 bucks)

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Dunno bout the Surfing Physics but the Bio Surfing series is simply shocking. They leave so much out it's not funny. Terrible terrible. Cannot learn from them at all. I think the teacher just uses it cos it provides a convenient sheet of info and questions. If you're intent on studying, maybe just do some laid back reading about your sciency or history subjects. Practice your math skills and essays. Get really organised with whatever system you use - folders, books, portfolios etc.

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
I agree, but do you ever feel Jacaranda Physics doesn't cover the syllabus requirements to the required depth?
At times yes, especially for Ideas at the moment. Its explanation of UV catastrophe and black body radiation is pretty waffley. I felt it was solid for motors and space...only skipping the bits that required you to research.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I agree, but do you ever feel Jacaranda Physics doesn't cover the syllabus requirements to the required depth?
Actually, I did notice a couple of dot points here and there that weren't covered properly. At times like that, teacher/notes(from a friend or internet)/tutor helps :)

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Surfing=Fail
seriously dont bother
so many answers are wrong, i remeber for one exercise they put the same answer for every question.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
enjoy the holidays in year 11.

i'd recommend you find some related texts for belonging and develop your own thesis/idea of belonging.
if you're "good" at maths do as much as you can for 2u maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)