some info about Creating my own personal Website (1 Viewer)

danielspencer2

HSC
I just want a personal website with a photo album,blogs,forums for maybe 100-1000 friends and friends of friends to view. I am using this host recommended to me by a friend:---

www.hostmywebsitenow.com

I am on the page BuildAwebsite, Website tonighT section.It says the premier option has 200GB of bandwidth. It also comes with a completely online website builder.200GB worth of monthly bandwidth should be all I need right? I'm happy with everything else

Richiee

Neutral Member
HSC
N/A
I think 200Gb is plenty for your website, but you have to be careful because they might be overselling.

ohdato

HSC
200g is ALOT for just a "personal" site.
Its when maybe your hosting software, music, movies etc when it might be useful but still is quiet alot.

Example: http://batracer.com stats are on the right hand side...this site gets shit loads of hits and views.

Lavenderpup

HSC
For a personal website 200gb is a lot. As for 200gb you only use that much if you host movies/music/software but they might be prohibited in the terms and conditions in which it's all pointless and a low-end plan + upgrading is a better choice. Though the fact that it even restricts to a number of pages makes the place seem dodgy.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
politik said:
200GB is nothing for movies/music/software.
By 'own personal website', I presume he doesn't mean he'll be hosting movies. Or software. Or not music.

(Most of which would no doubt be breaching copyright, and not stuff he's made himself)

200gb for a simple personal website is more than you'll ever use. Traffic for larger community websites I browse is 5-10gb a month when it's slow. 200gb use for a personal website per MONTH? That's ridiculous.

NB: This isn't meant to be, "you're wrong, LOL!111", it's just putting it in perspective before we lose track of what the initial post is looking for.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
politik said:
I was replying to the post above.
You didn't quote them, so I assumed you were just chipping in to the general concept of the thread. Your low end plan comment seemed to be saying '200gb is for when you have movies etc, but you're not using that so go low end'

To clarify, I was adding my 2c on the 200gb-for-personal ideas, not putting you down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)