Some advice on my workload please?! (1 Viewer)

zarlaya11

HSC
Hi guys,

I have just started year 12 and I am really wanting to do a timetable that will probably have a huge workload. I want to do:
English Advanced + English Ext. 1
Ancient History + Ext. History
Spanish + Ext. Spanish
General Maths

Its only 11 units but three 3 unit subjects?? If I dont do one or two of those extension courses, I will have to do Society and Culture. Which I HATE.

Can anyone give me advice from previous experience? Should I consider pathways?

Thanks!

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
Don't worry my subjects are similar to yours, it's pretty easy to balance you just have to remember think about ONE SUBJECT at a time (when I say one subject, you can study Spanish Cont and Ext at same time). If you start thinking about them all you'll get freaked out and start hyperventilating.
The only thing about the subjects is that there are so many exams. -sigh-
But basically, if you enjoy the subjects, you'll do well in them. =] Good luck!

Cerry

HSC
In my experience, extension 1 is a huge amount of work for a one unit subject. That being said, I enjoy it more than normal english, and I do better at it. If you enjoy reading, then you'll probably be fine, because a lot of the work is in reading the texts. We also got given questions to answer for most of our texts, which were a bit time consuming, but they really helped getting stuff to sink in, and actually thinking about the texts.

The general maths workload is pretty light, assuming you're not totally a-mathematical (in which case, there's a lot more to do). A lot of it is building on things that you did in years 9 and 10, and if you did the advanced course in 9 and 10, some of it is actually just revision of things you've already done. It's one of the few courses that we actually finished with a couple of weeks for revision, which I think says something about the amount of work there is to do.

My understanding of extension languages (I was considering doing extension German for a while) is that it's not really like doing an extra course, because most of what you do is just extending the stuff you do in continuers/giving you new ways of using it. However, not doing the subject myself, I wouldn't be taking my word for that.

janaranaran!

HSC
I'm the opposite, ext 1 english takes me the least time to study, and I got 50/50 for my trial.

But yeah, I do 4 ext subjects (4U Eng, 3U maths, mod history + ext), and its really not that bad, provided you're not at a school where they drown you in unnecessary homework. that could be an issue.

zarlaya11

HSC
Lol yep I am at school! But the spanishes are distance ed. Well I think i'll be ok, its not like I have a huge array of subjects! Thanks for the help guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)