Solubility rules --> data sheet (1 Viewer)

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
stop sticking to one bloody book, the more books the better thats how it goes. It is just stupid to rely on one book for information, even 2 books isn't enough there is google, other study guides, you can never have enough resources. You start at one, where you cant understand/see enough information in one book you go to another.

Paroissien

HSC
Li0n said:
stop sticking to one bloody book, the more books the better thats how it goes. It is just stupid to rely on one book for information, even 2 books isn't enough there is google, other study guides, you can never have enough resources. You start at one, where you cant understand/see enough information in one book you go to another.
Who is sticking to one book?
I've just about giving up using Chemistry Pathways. There other books I have seen to explain everything clearer allowing me to actually understand what I'm learning. And that is always a good thing

kpq_sniper017

steverulz55 said:
IMO, Conquering Chemistry >>>> Chemistry Pathways, which doesn't even stick to the syllabus (the latter)
my school uses chemistry pathways, although our class actually doesn't - crappy! but my school should really get chemistry contexts - much better investment.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
i would say path way is a better than cc... yes cc follows the syllabus, but the content it contains is too minute comparin to pathway

Paroissien

HSC
Pathways is probably great if you really understand your chemistry, but if you are someone like me with limited chemistry knowledge, then pathways is too much. I am learning the HSC course and NO more, so I don't find much use for pathways. I get by on the information provided by the simpler text books.

gershy

Contexts is the best text in my opinion, then Conquering Chem. Pathways is good in bits but inferior to the other two.
You definitely don't have to learn solubility rules. Don't waste your valuable time. :)

onigiri

HSC
We do need to know our solubility rules in year 11. this friday i have a prac exam which requires me to know and understand my solubility rules. crap thing is i don't remember them so i better memorise them by friday.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
abdo said:
best bloody hsc text book for any subject i ever used, although math in focus is catching up...

edit: mr roland smith claims that the title conquering chemistry can be interpreted in 2 ways, how? does anyone know?

(1) Let us 'conquer' chemistry

(2) Ohhh no its chemistry, terrible. 'conquering' chemistry - dear God.........

It's either you conquering it or it conquering you.

P.S. What's so great about Maths In FOcus - it is lacking in all but the simplest questions and explanations - a good introduction to the course but nothing more - Jac. physics is much better so is Jac. biology...

Old_Sk3wl

HSC
great to see how the discussion on "solubility rules" has turned into a bitch about whcih chem text book is the best o_O

cHe^gUeVaRa

HSC
Old_Sk3wl said:
great to see how the discussion on "solubility rules" has turned into a bitch about whcih chem text book is the best o_O
its all about the books :p

Megapode

HSC
abdo said:
best bloody hsc text book for any subject i ever used, although math in focus is catching up...

edit: mr roland smith claims that the title conquering chemistry can be interpreted in 2 ways, how? does anyone know?
It means either conquering chemistry as in finishing the chemistry course
or it can be a description of chemistry's conquering power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)