Solar Cell (1 Viewer)

Halidsadee

How "Solar Cell" works?!
Does the light goes to P-Type or N-Type??? (some book say P some N ) :argue:
If the electron from the photoeffect goes from N to P type, then the electron goes back to N- type then to the circuit. Therefore, the emf is produced??? OR the electron goes to the circuit from P-Type? ??????????:eek:

Look at the picture of this solar cell. http://www.psv.com/solar-02.html The electron goes from N to P then back to N and completed the circuit.

and this

Helpppppppppppp PLEASE :confused:
:)

Last edited:

Jellymonsta

I got my information from here.
As i understand it, photoelectric effect releases electron from the n type, and the electron flow goes from n to p (hence holes 'flow' from p to n).
But if i'm wrong someone please tell me :(

ok...which ever cells
two layers, p and n
the electrons goes from the n to the p when phonton energies are given
and the wholes moves down, , the holes are positive, so the holes move in the opposite direction to the electrons.

and thus when u read it, theere are two directions.

quartic

my understanding is that it must be in the vicinity of the junction. Since hole movement is equivalent to a positive charge movement if en electron is freed in the n-type material (positivly charged) then the hole will move to the p-type and if an electron is freed in the p-type then the electron moves. Of course both involve both hole and electron movement but it's easier to think of it as the movement of either electrons or positive holes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)