Software Developers View of the Hardware - Option Topic (1 Viewer)

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
haha, whoops. some mates always play this game in SDD where they are a sleezy lad like that guy and have to choose what pick up lines to use. its a wicked game just dont know what its called!!

yeh the fat lad is from a mate... i have seen it that many times and if i stare at it ill shit myself time and time again!! hes a cracker.... he might loose some of those chins if he doesnt slow down!!

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
disco_dave said:
isnt that a contridiction!!
What I meant was I could have been cramming other crap instead... like printers LOL.

Stephagain said:
Oh and btw, I Gotta say whoever you are dritz that your pic is mad...im in love with trent
Who doesn't love Trent...

Daria - I wasn't expecting you for a couple of hours.
Trent - I came straight from rehearsal. We ran late, or early... whatever.

Trent - All right, second verse. It's my personal hell, where I roast in my shell...
Jesse - Roast in my shell?
Trent - Aw, man, I can't think straight till I get those peanuts.

jason120au

HSC
The final question of the paper the question on the logic gates, I could do the truth tables fine, but I couldn't remember the purpose of them, so I dribbled crap about flip flops and carry ins and stuff like that, however I know I least got half the available marks for that question as I am pretty sure the truth tables are correct.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
jason120au said:
The final question of the paper the question on the logic gates, I could do the truth tables fine, but I couldn't remember the purpose of them, so I dribbled crap about flip flops and carry ins and stuff like that, however I know I least got half the available marks for that question as I am pretty sure the truth tables are correct.
did you turn the page over??? it the logic gate question was on the second last page!! there was 3 more questions on the other side. the last 2 questions (part C) is what we are wondering about... stupid question

xeriphic

Afurotsu said:
Damn it... i forgot what a flip-flop did. Damn you flip-flop!!!
it's used for storage, actually that question was in like nearly every years paper XD lol

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
That ones and twos complement appears like every year also either in the trial or hsc

xeriphic

jason120au said:
for that program_fish and program_chips or something, was that AND and NAND gates I wasn't sure there

Stephagain

HSC
disco_dave said:
haha, whoops. some mates always play this game in SDD where they are a sleezy lad like that guy and have to choose what pick up lines to use. its a wicked game just dont know what its called!!
QUOTE]
Is it leisure suit larry? Cos thats this awesomely seedy game where a sleazy guy is walking around trying out pickup lines and buying condoms, we play it in SDD 2 lol and the lemonade stand game oh boy i love lemonade stand! :)

Gym

xeriphic said:
for that program_fish and program_chips or something, was that AND and NAND gates I wasn't sure there
I put down it was AND and OR.... What did ppl get for the purposes?

Was I right in saying AND multiplies 2 binary values and OR adds them?

Gym

Oh shit.... OOPS :vcross:

I originally thought it was NAND, then changed my mind for some odd reason!!

xeriphic

well I thought of OR first lol, then I noticed the pattern, where the result of AND and NAND are opposite kahahahaha

egnaro

HSC
[offtopic]
Hardware was like 100 times easier then evolution, imo.

My class did evo as a option ( cause my teacher is stupid) so i decided to scrap it and do hardware instead. turned out to be one of the greatest decisions throughout the whole hsc as people from my class came out thinking WTF while all i had to do was simple math and simple circuit boards.

[/offtopic]

I wrote major bs for the printer article thing, i wrote that there are buttons for bold and font size and italics and stuff cause without em you cant properly imitate the article

simonj2

hero
HSC
i'm pretty sure the gates were AND and NAND - not OR xeriphic...

Vuki

HSC
Hahaha Yeah they were AND and NAND buddy :).

screw_uni

Fukn I Didnt Know How To Change Binary Into Hexadecimals Or Wateva We Had To Do!!!!!!

Its The One Thing I Didnt Study Becuase I Would Take The Risk That It 'might Not Be In The Exam'.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Id say binary to decimal is one of the most common things you could be asked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)