Software Design & Development Marathon [2012] (2 Viewers)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
1) (ceebs tex)= (xy+xz+yy+yz)(not[x] + z) = (y(x+z+1)+xz) [as yy=1] = (x+y)(not[x] + z) [x+z+1 is always true]
2) SDD marker says we only need to know the basic laws of boolean - none of the XOR crap
3) how the f is there THREE inputs to AND?
1. Okay.

2. There was one in one of the trial papers.

3. Why not?

Cyberbully

Where do you live?
HSC
Come on guys, his textbook isn't all THAT bad. Sure it has some flaws but most of the content would be helpful to a SDD student. He has kids to take care of now which is probably why the textbook was released late in the year.
he works at the PEC - a coaching college i believe? :p he also writes independent papers from what i've heard.

there's one redeeming feature about sam davis: if you don't have any info on something, he'll have a million pages on it!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
1) (ceebs tex)= (xy+xz+yy+yz)(not[x] + z) = (y(x+z+1)+xz) [as yy=1] = (x+y)(not[x] + z) [x+z+1 is always true]
2) SDD marker says we only need to know the basic laws of boolean - none of the XOR crap
3) how the f is there THREE inputs to AND and OR? if it's what i think it is, boolean algebra is (abc) + d
Close. The solution is quite nice.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
he works at the PEC - a coaching college i believe? :p he also writes independent papers from what i've heard.

there's one redeeming feature about sam davis: if you don't have any info on something, he'll have a million pages on it!
Yes. He use to use this forum back in 2004.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
Hmm I'm with cyberbully here. AND is a binary operation. I guess it's shorthand for (a AND b) AND c, but I don't think that's a valid depiction in a circuit.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Hmm I'm with cyberbully here. AND is a binary operation. I guess it's shorthand for (a AND b) AND c, but I don't think that's a valid depiction in a circuit.
I've seen many Comp Sci textbooks use a three input AND gate. But yeah I guess that's quite true.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
Goddammit where's the bug there's no bug that is a perfect binary search

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
as cyberbully's pseudo-tutor (technically a mentor of another tute group that ran parallel to cyberbully's tute group), i'll tutor you better >: DDD

Cyberbully

Where do you live?
HSC
Inb4kidnap. :p Nah i'm not doing Comp Sci next year. More interested in BSc(Adv. Mathematics) @ UNSW or USyd.
i will also see you there. (dual ftw)
in higher mathematics at least anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)