Software Design and Development (SDD) (1 Viewer)

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Since the SDD syllabus has changed a few years ago, Is there an outline or if any of you guys know what type of questions to do and not to do on past papers (Half yearly, trial and HSC) pre 2010 for SDD

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Another Question: Is it worth writing syllabus dot point notes for this subject or do you just study / revise from the textbook because I heard from many people who does SDD that you cannot study for this subject, Is this true?

SonofMac

HSC
Of course you should do syllabus dot point notes. While there is a practical skill based component of the course (diagrams, algorithms etc.), there is also the theoretical component (social and ethical issues, development cycle and its components) which will probably take up most of your notes and does take up a fair chunk of the exam. On your first question, the syllabus is generally the same. What I would recommend to avoid doing questions which will no longer be tested is go through review all your notes then start doing the past papers, if you come across a question which you can't do because you haven't come across the content before, check the syllabus to see if it is still on there.

Btw what textbook are you using?

Last edited:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Use Sam Davis. Heinemann doesn't cover the course well.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Oh really. My school only has the Heinemann textbook available but I do not think that the sam davis textbook is available. Do you have a softcopy version of the book you can upload?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
There's sample chapters on his website. (Paramatta Education Centre)

I strongly recommend that all SDD students have this book. Heinemann is almost useless imo.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
The price is $60 for that book. Too expensive to purchase just for a textbook and to use it only for one year

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
May I ask what does the Samuel Davis textbook have that the Heinmann textbook does not have. Is it mainly theory of the practical (ie: algorithm part)
I strongly recommend that all SDD students have this book. Heinemann is almost useless imo.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Hey Spiralflex: Do you have your own summary notes for SDD (HSC). Can you upload them?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
May I ask what does the Samuel Davis textbook have that the Heinmann textbook does not have. Is it mainly theory of the practical (ie: algorithm part)
Imo no textbooks cover coding well enough. It's just something you have to pick up with practice and mucking around with your language. Mr Davis use to use the forum.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Ok. So Spiralflex, do you have your own summary notes that you can sell or upload?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Spiral is right, the Sam Davis text is easily the best. It's just more comprehensive than the Heinmann and Cambridge texts. For exam revision the Excel book is pretty good, i had access to all the books for for SDD but i mostly only used the Excel one around exams and the Sam Davis one in class or to check stuff from Excel.

As for notes, i reccomend MrBrightside on this forums notes. I'd say they are one of the better sets of notes available, i know him through uni as well and he seems like a really organised person and you can see from how well he presents the notes. http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=271361

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I'll probably upload a set after my HSC exams just for you atar90plus.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Are you going to pm me the notes or upload it on a specific thread?

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Make a thread and then pm me the thread and i'll respond if you dont get anything

Swip

HSC

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Is it possible to contact him to re upload them? :D

The links for the notes are all dead.
Yeah sure, i have a copy somewhere on my hard drve lol so if i need to i'll upload them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)