• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Society or Culture or Economics? (1 Viewer)

Year10er

HSC
I don't know what to choose between the two. SAC is way easier, and I find Eco very hard, when I look at notes from prelim and HSC, and past papers. But a part of me just really wants to do it because if I don't try it, I feel like I will regret it. So maybe I should choose SAC, to not hurt the chances of getting my desired ATAR?

Please give me some ideas...? Of what to do? I just can't decide.

Gigacube

HSC
Talk to students who have done either of the subject to get an idea of what it is like. Also talk to your teachers.

It's best to choose the subject that you're more interested in as you'll have more motivation to study.

If both subjects aren't on the same line then why not take both for a week or two and then decide? Or you could just keep both.

Gigacube

HSC
OP is trying to make an informed decision. A one line response with your personal view is not going to help them.

At least make an effort to type what the subject is about, what you do, etc.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
OP is trying to make an informed decision. A one line response with your personal view is not going to help them.

At least make an effort to type what the subject is about, what you do, etc.
lol fine

Economics is amazing it is like sex! You learn about how factors affect economic activity in the Australian Economy and how government intervention affects the economy, gosh it is amazing.

Year10er

HSC
I know Eco is extremely interesting, and scales MUCH better. But I am very worried I won't understand the content which is vital in this course. And no, I can't do them both because I already have 4 other subjects which I really love and want to do, and having 14 units is too much, and my teachers say 7 subjects won't fit onto an timetable.

silentdreamer

HSC
You sound like you really want to do eco. I don't know if your school does this, but my school gave us a trial period of approx 3 weeks where we could drop/pick up subjects if we found out they were not what we thought they would be like or we didn't like it as long as the lines didn't clash. Maybe you could pick eco and if it really does get too hard you could change over to SAC?

Year10er

HSC
My school does do this, but the subjects we change have to be in the same line; don't really know what that means.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
My school does do this, but the subjects we change have to be in the same line; don't really know what that means.
It means this.

Say line 5

Line 5 has;

Economics
IPT
Drama
Music
Ancient History
Art

THat means if you are doing Economics or and subject listed (which is on the line) and you want to change you can only change to other subjects on the line (which are listed)

Gigacube

HSC
I know Eco is extremely interesting, and scales MUCH better. But I am very worried I won't understand the content which is vital in this course. And no, I can't do them both because I already have 4 other subjects which I really love and want to do, and having 14 units is too much, and my teachers say 7 subjects won't fit onto an timetable.
Choose the subject that you have more interest in. If you enjoy the subject then you are more inclined to do the work for it. Having 14 units isn't too much in the first 2 weeks of year 11. If you do an extension subject then the timetable should fit 7 subjects.

Try S&C on the first week & Eco on the second week & then make up your mind.

Most schools allow you to change subjects within the first few weeks of year 11.

Are Economics & S&C on the same line at your school?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)