Society & Culture PIP Topic Idea (1 Viewer)

moonbooty

HSC
hi all!! i really need help on my pip topic,

Im torn between,
How screen time has affects on physical exercise and how it is different on generations, but i want to mainly talk about screen time vs physical exercise.
&
The cross-generational representation of two popular icons, Marilyn Monroe and Princess Diana (how were they popular, how were they perceived by the media, how they influenced people)
If anyone could help me decide and give pros and cons on these topics, that would be very much appreciated!!

triangular

HSC
I'd say that there'd be a lot more to link back to SaC theory with the second one + it sounds a lot more interesting. Physical exercise and screen time is just kinda generic and there is abundant research that has already been conducted at the university level and internationally. When writing a SaC PIP it is best to have a topic that is relatively new/unique in the research sphere.

Also you could talk about the idolisation of marilyn and diana in modern pop culture, especially in the rise of the "aesthetic" and finding one's individual identity via the role model -- even if it plays into gender it would be really valuable to talk about the shift in exactly what values and attributes people look up to in marilyn and diana and other femme/female role models, especially compared to those from different time periods which obv held different values. Also I'm sure there's some fantastic video essays dissecting the problematic nature of the "aesthetic" on YouTube, its an absolute treasure trove.

Good luck and finish your pip early!!! you got this <3

oml

HSC

Im torn between,
How screen time has affects on physical exercise and how it is different on generations, but i want to mainly talk about screen time vs physical exercise.
&
The cross-generational representation of two popular icons, Marilyn Monroe and Princess Diana (how were they popular, how were they perceived by the media, how they influenced people)
If anyone could help me decide and give pros and cons on these topics, that would be very much appreciated!!
I love the Marilyn Monroe and Princess Diana idea can you delete this so I can also steal the idea?

year10studentpreparin

HSC

Im torn between,
&
i dont recommend the last question unless u are asking 60+ year olds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)