Social life in UTS (1 Viewer)

yupkigirl__

HSC
...does it exist?

And what are the people like? (as silly as the question may sound). Stereotypes can even help because stereotypes are based a on a grain of truth!

Chris.

HSC
UTS = less fobs

you'll like it there.
there foodcourt is cool and the bar is ok. ive only ever been to that part of UTS

wheat

HSC
Ahh I was so worried because I'd read that social life at UTS kinda sucked, and I was also admitted in USyd, so I didn't really know what to do.

BTW I'm just going there for a semester in the Study Abroad Program, and I wish to major in Journalism.

Please tell me I made the right choice!

Matt Samson

HSC
USyd would have a worse social life considering all the foreign students that are there (no offense). They call UNSW "Tokyo Techy", well, USyd ain't that far behind.

pinknails500

HSC
what did that guy mean by fobs, isnt it a bit slack to judge the credibility of a uni by the number of a particular ethnic group that is there, what a moron.

Matt Samson

HSC
pinknails500 said:
what did that guy mean by fobs, isnt it a bit slack to judge the credibility of a uni by the number of a particular ethnic group that is there, what a moron.
Only ethnic groups that "keep to themselves".

I assume you're thinking of Asians.

I know plenty of Australian born Asians that mix and mingle with everyone.

It is the ones that don't. And it isn't just Asians, it could be any FOB (Fresh off the Boat) that only associates with their own "group".

Matt Samson

HSC
And just to add, this is the fault of universities. They go around the world trying to drag in international students (to increase full fee payers) but provide no support once they're here. As long as they pay, the university doesn't care.

This is a real issue especially with the sandstone universities.

maz5

HSC
dolbinau said:
Inorite!! No idea where I'm going to get my Sondheim fix.
Maybe we'll have to head to Sydney Uni instead. They have a great musical theatre society, MUSE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)