social life at macquaire uni (1 Viewer)

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
MQ has a great social life
Like trollotaface - You ask someone for help,a bunch of people help you
I remember waiting in the queue to get my 07 transport pass, and everyone was just talking to the people around them - now when i walk on campus - the people around me in that queue, we all wave and smile if we see each other - its like one massive family.

Big Love - at MQ

OH! and Like glitterfairy -Mentors is awesome - you make so many friends and acquaintances through it - it's brilliant for being social

Kegs

HSC
Some people dont have the luxury of highschool friends or the people from high school are just fucktards. From my highschool there were 4 of us at macq from my year. 1 was my girlfriend, the other my best friend who I lived with. The 4th was someone i never spoke to at school, so why would it change.

I did not find it hard to make friends. Good friends took time, but what else did I have when I lived 5 minutes away, and spent 40 hours a week on campus rather than at home. There is nothing quite like a deck of cards and four stupid people. That is the definition of fun.
Also, joining clubs is good. I tried to start a club in first year, but we sorta just amalgamated it into one that already existed, and that went quite well.

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Making friends isn't hard if you put in the effort since most people seem to be friendly enough. What I find hard is finding people who do my degree combination or smart people who are willing to help me in my studies.

T

trolloutaface

Dimsimmer said:
What I find hard is finding people who do my degree combination or smart people who are willing to help me in my studies.
Ask people who are in the same tutorial as you...

Kegs

HSC
When I was in first year, there were 4 people enrolled in my degree. I only ever met one of them. Although I did see another once in stat171. I have now left that degree (cause it was shit!), and I think there is about 10 of us or maybe a few less in my new one. Not sure. I have never asked. It is not really that important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)