social change? (1 Viewer)

fernzy

i checked with my teacher after the exam and she sed basically what youve written superbird

nomz

hmmm... i wrote sum crap about how the changing social structure of Australian society after changes to the immigration policy bla di bla bla has meant that the churches have had to change the way they operate eg introduction of mass on saturdays to allow people to wiork on sundays bla bla But i just crapped on... i don't think it really had ne thing to do with the question :(

persephone

HSC
i crapped on about the great depression and about social welfare. pulled it out of my bum.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I talked about emergence of pentecostalism and charismatic movements

oggie

pukkatukka said:
i did the the social dependence of the education system on christianity... how it changed/ developed throughout the 21st century..??

word....i did exactly the same thing, <u know> like funding/no funding, immigration, cold war etc + christianity = dual edu system. The exam was really outta left field, esp the rites (section 3) and only scope for public and personal....at least its over!!! <only 2 to go>

= Jennifer =

HSC
i blabbed on about vatican II and how it let catholics get more involved with other denominations and traditions and how they make society a happy place blah blah WRONG...WRONG WRONG

maka

HSC
my teacher was unsure too.........

it really depended upon ur interpretation of social change......

the syllabus doesnt really mention the specific term 'social change'

he was saying

- superbirds points( view past posts)

OR as i and many other did highlight how social change in WAP and immigration led to changes in christianity thru diversity etc, denom switchin and increased pentecostalism

julia_jules

HSC
N/A
joey_1234 said:
some of those short answer questions were so left field... just worded really strangely (it took me ages to work out exactly what they were asking for)
so true!
for this one i wrote about gambling, and how churches now try to help addicted gamblers instead of just condemning them. don't know if that really relates to the syllabus though.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
persephone said:
i crapped on about the great depression and about social welfare. pulled it out of my bum.
haha! same! *hi 5*
the question was so broad, i didn't know what to talk about so i wasted 5 minutes trying to comprehendes the question...

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i wrote about gambling cos of the speech that i did
gambling increasing= social change?

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
I did the changing christian profile due to immigration yay it was fun =/

marley_princess

HSC
it was ok

I was pretty happy with that question cause our last assigement was christiany and another relgions veiw on like one of poverty, sexuality, treatment of women, abortion.......which was a syllabus question so i just wrote about christiany and how theve helped poverty since 1901 pretty sure that would be right.....makes sence. Soon find out if not ay hehe
Good luck with the rest of exams
~Me~

boo86

HSC
yea, i wrote bout the war and how womens position in society changed, how they had to work etc. Then I mentioned all that junk and training programs that were set up for them. The wuestion was too broad a topic, I agree with all of u who said this.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
julia_jules said:
so true!
for this one i wrote about gambling, and how churches now try to help addicted gamblers instead of just condemning them. don't know if that really relates to the syllabus though.
just to clarify...this is the area its talking about
responses by some religious traditions to social change and initiatives in community development from 1901 to the present:
– ministry in rural and outback Australia
– the role of religious traditions in the labour movement, conscription, wars and the Great Depression
– the role and responses of religious traditions in/to at least THREE of the following issues/political debates:
- abortion
- divorce
- euthanasia
- gambling
- indigenous rights
- poverty
- sexuality
- the role of women in family, church, workplace and society
- unemployment
edit: sorry...didnt see superbirds post but what the hey....
above is straight from the syllabus so I hope it clears up any questions

Last edited:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
dont know.....they might if you argue it. Somehow, I dont have the feeling that they are going to go "if its not from the eg's in the syllabus...."

Wish I could ask around but markers are not allowed to discuus during marking

SamuelB

HSC
acmilan said:
I talked about emergence of pentecostalism and charismatic movements
Same here, as it was a major development for christianity in australia. Not sure how it'll be marked though. Related it to social change by talking about denominational switching from traditional denominations, etc.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
snapperhead said:
dont know.....they might if you argue it. Somehow, I dont have the feeling that they are going to go "if its not from the eg's in the syllabus...."

Wish I could ask around but markers are not allowed to discuus during marking
If only you were marking you could complain as a representative of the SOR students of boredofstudies!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)