Soccer talk eg. prem league, champ league, serie a etc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
haha thats no excuse for the gunners. They should be up there every season in europe, but they seem to struggle.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It's not called chokin' if you do it repeatedly enough like the Gunners... the occasional hiccup - acceptable... every year... just a fact! :p

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
haha. even their future striker prospect is french! Jeremie Alidieare or something.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, at least they do well in the EPL. I have an odd feelin' we might never be around to see them hold the ECL Trophy. :)

^___^
HSC
i doubt Arsenal can hold the ECL now...if they want to..let say they need to play players like Pennant and Jeffers often, rather than loaning them for a yr and come back to warm the bench, coz those guys are good and are future stars...

just look at Man Utd 10 yrs ago...

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Originally posted by stinger
the "gooners" one ... which may be "marsenal" i'm thinking
Yea thats me
And about Arsenal...we so will be around when they win their Champions League trophieS! I don't think they can do it this year, but as soon as the stadium is built and all debts are settled, it will be on the cards.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by marsenal
Yea thats me
And about Arsenal...we so will be around when they win their Champions League trophieS! I don't think they can do it this year, but as soon as the stadium is built and all debts are settled, it will be on the cards.
Was that a plural - s? Hmmm... Arsenal and ECL. If they haven't achieved it by now... it's hard to see them achievin' by then... and consider this food for thought, many clubs which have attempted to build new stadiums haven't been able to hold onto their EPL position... so Arsenal might not even qualify for ECL by ... was it 06-07 season. :p

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Yeh that was a plural. And I am still sure that their first ECL could definately come within the next 5-8 years.
As I see until the stadium is built, for the time being Arsenal's got a preety solid squad (assuming 1-2 semi large signing for the next 3 seasons), with most of the current team contracted for at least another 2, so it's all good.
Obviously it was quite dissapointing with last season, losing the EPL and doing quite poorly in the ECL, but the want and passion seems to be there now in an even greater amount.
Hopefully they can pull of the double again this year, or at least the EPL.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I have no doubt they have the want and the passion, but from the point they lost to Blackburn (2-0) last season, they completely feel apart. And to make matters worse, they should've qualified, instead of relyin' on a draw or win against Valencia, by their other group matches.

However, defensively they do look stronger. With the midfields defendin' alot more.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
meh, Wenger is searching for one that can speak french...
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
sif cygan doesnt typify them all...lol
Originally posted by marsenal
Cygan is a funny kid
If Wenger bought a few more Cygan's they might actually do well in ECL because their opposition would be laughin' their heads off too much. :p
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
they still need a few real defenders though...
They had Upson, but gettin' a cap just didn't cut it. He had to be French. So off he went to Birmingham. :D

is a roflcopter
HSC
dunno
isnt he some dude who handballed in some game on tv?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
meh bellamy got a card... hahaha lucas neill, 2 penalties and 1 red card in 5 games... well you can certainly say he's involved... all he needs is an own goal to complete his resume..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)