• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer talk eg. prem league, champ league, serie a etc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
ah yeah, promotional puppet or perhaps a decent player? if he's any good, it'll be ages till we see him break into the first team. theres forlan,bellion and a few other blokes from the youth academy still waiting.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Forlan.. took 36 games for him to score his first Man Utd goal.. hes much unlike most other professional footballers out there, he has to work harder because he doesnt have the same level of natural ability. In fact the reason he became a professional footballer was to pay for his sisters medical costs from a motorcycle accident.. its a touching story really..

On the topic of ManU i have had it up to here (signals neck) with Ferguson not playing Cristiano Ronaldo. Instead he plays that Fletcher kid, who IMO has only half the talent of Ronaldo and absolutely no flair.

The only reasons i watch Manchester United games is to see
1) how many times van Nistelrooy loses the ball when he tries to "dribble creatively" and count how many dives he makes and their success rate.
2) Cristiano Ronaldo and his tricks.

So if C.Ronaldo doesn't play, i have to spend 90 minutes watching v.N's ugly self attempt to be half the player Henry is and fail at it.. which isnt exactly entertaining..

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
van Nisterooy isn't someone who dribbles or strikes the ball, you should realise by now. He's the world famous six-yard tap-in master.

As for Ronaldo, he's good in terms of entertainment, but as you might've seen against Fulham, those players saw one his moves before he could execute it, and he lost the ball. And another time, he was doing all this fancy footwork, and didn't move an inch before having to pass the ball back.

Forlan is immensely talently. He can actually strike the ball. He just doesn't get the Starts he needs.

As for Darren Fletcher, he fits in the Man Utd squad, and since Fergie trusts his ability, he'll only improve.

As Fergie can't play Ronaldo too much, or Fletcher for that matter because they're still too young.

^___^
HSC
Fletcher is going to be the next Scholes..watch him..

why Ferguson plays Fletcher ahead of Ronaldo??

Ronaldo possess all the skill and flair that is better off when comes off the bench, and because he is young, he is not consistent...
plays one mad 20min against bolton, next game plays a shocker...ferguson knows how to handle a player of his calibre..so meh...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah ronaldo is someone who no doubt holds alot of skill, flair and has the potential to dominate alot of defenses. however fletcher, someone who has come through the youth academy and someone who ferguson has seen day in and day out is holding the upperhand at the moment.

^___^
HSC
but i think Ronaldo is more a replacement for Giggs...

like he can play on either wing, but i think Fletcher will be on the right for a while till he moves into the centre...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I'd say the players from the Youth system are capable for playin' anywhere Fergie wants them to, or where he needs to plug holes... whereas, players who are bought are often more limited in terms of positions they can occupy.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
van Nisterooy isn't someone who dribbles or strikes the ball, you should realise by now. He's the world famous six-yard tap-in master.
exactly.. thats why i dont realise why people continue to consider him one of the most 'versatile' strikers in Europe. He has the same style as Filipo Inzaghi (diving... poaching.. tap-ins etc..) and still gets praised, while Pippo (Inzaghi) continually gets critised for his style.. people are so ignorant..

And i guess your right about Ronaldo being all tricks, but at least its entertaining to watch! unlike most of the players in the EPL.. which lost alot of its appeal when Zola left for Cagliari, but gained a little back with the capture of Mutu (the 'next' Zola).

Brasil-Peru tonight. I expect another ingenious performance from the boy-wonder Kak. Sempre Seleo :)

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
On another topic, have you guys played FIFA 2004 yet?

'tis truly an excellent game.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yup, im in the div 1 trying to get west ham promoted. ive got in on pc and it plays a treat with a control pad with joy sticks.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
totally different games dude. the ultimate soccer simulation would be to amalgamate the managerial elements of CM 4 + the licensing and graphics of fifa + the gameplay of pro evo soccer. one day..

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
i prefer CM 01/02 to CM4 .. don't know why really, just more comfortable with the aesthetics of the game.

And you'd need to invent a larger capacity DVD or multiple discs to be able to combine CM and FIFA.. but it would signal the end for all competition brands such as ISS.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Yes, let's imagin' managing Scotland after their performance at Amsterdam :D

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Buggdogg
Im just manging scotland at the moment, and its quality. i made the last world cup semi finals (friken brazil) and won the euro 2016.
ahh.. The Seleo.. not even the Gary Kasparov of CM could beat them while at the helm of the Scots :D

.. just got the demo of CM 03/04... a few new features but pretty much CM 4 updated to the rosters of this season.. IMO not worth buying, wait till CM5. :)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
theres heaps more little things, improved training, goal of the month etc.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
What happened to the "Which EPL team do you support" thread? After I spent so much time finishing off the Poll, with the missing unsupported teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)